The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pick your Best ever Premier league team ( foreign players )

+10
two_tone
JabMachineMK2
The Womble
Stella
Ent
Hero
Derbyblue
Crimey
Imperial Ghosty
Kenny
14 posters

Go down

Pick your Best ever Premier league team ( foreign players ) Empty Pick your Best ever Premier league team ( foreign players )

Post by Kenny Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:41 am

Who would you pick in a alltime Premier League team ..........foreign players only

Foreign players anyone not qualifying for England Scotland Wales Northern Ireland or Rep Ireland , either in a 4 4 2 or 4 3 3 formation

Last edited by KingKenny7Heaven on Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Pick your Best ever Premier league team ( foreign players ) Empty Re: Pick your Best ever Premier league team ( foreign players )

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:45 am

Schmeichel

Dixon
Adams
Stam
Cole

Ronaldo
Keane
Scholes
Giggs

Rooney

Henry

Very Man United biased but to be expected of the team who has dominated the premier league era.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Pick your Best ever Premier league team ( foreign players ) Empty Re: Pick your Best ever Premier league team ( foreign players )

Post by Crimey Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:47 am

GK Schmeichel

RB Sagna
CB Vidic
CB Carvalho
LB Irwin

CM Vieira
CM Alonso
CAM Ronaldo

RF Bergkamp
ST Drogba
LF Henry

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:49 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Schmeichel

Dixon
Adams
Stam
Cole

Ronaldo
Keane
Scholes
Giggs

Rooney

Henry

Very Man United biased but to be expected of the team who has dominated the premier league era.
Includes so many players that I never knew were foreign.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:51 am

Damm didn't realise that bit and left out Cantona who would be in ahead of Rooney regardless.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:52 am

For clarification, what classes as foreign for the purposes of the team?

Are the rest of the UK included?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:57 am

Should of worded it better

Foreign players anyone not qualifying for England Scotland Wales Northern Ireland or Rep Ireland
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 14 Mar 2012, 10:24 am

Schmeichael
Zabaleta Stam Vidic Evra
Ronaldo Vieria Petit Pires
Cantona Henry

Really struggled for a right back and a 2nd centre midfielder.

For Laughs home nations team:
Seaman
Neville, Ferdinand, Adams, Irwin
Beckham, Keane, Scholes, Giggs
Rooney, Shearer

All time

Schmeichael
Neville, Ferdinand, Stam, Irwin
Ronaldo, Keane, Scholes, Giggs
Cantona, Henry

Reckon the home nation side would prob win in a tournament!

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 14 Mar 2012, 8:13 pm

Schmeichel

Sagna
Stam
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Viera
Keane
Pires

Bergkamp
Henry
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 14 Mar 2012, 11:25 pm

GK - P Schmeichel

LB - D Irwin
RB - D Petrescu
CB - N Vidic
CB - M Skrtyl

MD - D Silva
MD - M Overmars
MD - M Essien

CF - E Cantona
CF - G Zola
CF - T Henry

Can I have subs?

If so - Hans Segers, Andrei Kanchelskis, Dennis Bergkamp, Patrice Evra, Robbie Earle and Yaya Toure
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 14 Mar 2012, 11:33 pm

Some properly blinkered people on these forums.

Zabaleta?

Evra?

Carvalho?

Sorry I'm going to laugh myself back to the boxing board.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 14 Mar 2012, 11:38 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Some properly blinkered people on these forums.

Zabaleta?

Evra?

Carvalho?

Sorry I'm going to laugh myself back to the boxing board.

Name me a better LB than Evra?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 14 Mar 2012, 11:57 pm

crazygangwomble wrote:GK - P Schmeichel

LB - D Irwin
RB - D Petrescu
CB - N Vidic
CB - M Skrtyl

MD - D Silva
MD - M Overmars
MD - M Essien

CF - E Cantona
CF - G Zola
CF - T Henry

Can I have subs?

If so - Hans Segers, Andrei Kanchelskis, Dennis Bergkamp, Patrice Evra, Robbie Earle and Yaya Toure

Sorry I didn't realise Rep of Ireland couldn't be used. I'll substitute Dennis Irwin for Benoit Assou-Ekotto and keep Evra on my bench.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 15 Mar 2012, 12:34 am

Stella wrote:Name me a better LB than Evra?

Dennis Irwin

There really is no other.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 15 Mar 2012, 12:51 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
Stella wrote:Name me a better LB than Evra?

Dennis Irwin

There really is no other.

Possibly but it's close.

So Irwin only.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2012, 1:11 am

foreign team:

-----------Reina-------------

--Sagna--Kompany--Stam--Irwin--

--Ronaldo--Modric--Viera--Pires--

--------------Henry----Zola----

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 15 Mar 2012, 2:02 am

cricketfan90 wrote:foreign team:

-----------Reina-------------

--Sagna--Kompany--Stam--Irwin--

--Ronaldo--Modric--Viera--Pires--

--------------Henry----Zola----

Bolded for lols.

I'm a Liverpool fan by the way.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 15 Mar 2012, 2:05 am

To be honest, there haven't been too many good RB's. Hardly worthy of a lol.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 15 Mar 2012, 3:36 am

Stella wrote:To be honest, there haven't been too many good RB's. Hardly worthy of a lol.

Bacary Sagna isn't one of the best premiership right backs. It seems these responses forget the 1992 - 1998 Timeframe.

Jeff Kenna was a belting left back. Phillipe Albert, Vegard Heggem, Lauren, Kvame, Zenden, Nilsson all great players - some better than Evra. Who was that Cameroon guy (not Lauren) who was awesome....I forget.

Seems that theres a trend that everyone has to pick post 1998. Bear in mind some of the best most competitive football was way back in the mid 90's.

Hated being a Liverpool fan back then though. Not as much as it hurst now, but still.

Last edited by JabMachineMK2 on Thu 15 Mar 2012, 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 15 Mar 2012, 3:38 am

Bacary Sagna isn't one of the best premiership right backs. It seems these responses forget the 1992 - 1998 Timeframe.

-----------------------------------

Who? Petrescu was ok but more of a wing back or even midfielder.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 15 Mar 2012, 3:41 am

Ok, seen your list. Heggem was ok, Nillson was a good RB as was Lauren although I rate Sagna above these two, going forward.

As I said, hardly worth a lol.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Thu 15 Mar 2012, 3:47 am

Didn't realise you were so sensitive I'll tone down my posts for you in future. With regards to your earlier post I think you have to take into consideration some people may not be as familiar with the 1990s as some others so tend to pick more recent players, not to mention they are likely to be fresher in the mind.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 15 Mar 2012, 3:53 am

Albert Ferrer was a very good RB but he didn't play that long in the EPL.

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 15 Mar 2012, 3:55 am

Carvalho?

Carvalho was the rock at the back for Chelsea's most successful period and the team has been dogged by defensive problems since he left. Anybody who can make John Terry seem world-class has got to be one of the best.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 15 Mar 2012, 4:00 am

two_tone wrote:Didn't realise you were so sensitive I'll tone down my posts for you in future. With regards to your earlier post I think you have to take into consideration some people may not be as familiar with the 1990s as some others so tend to pick more recent players, not to mention they are likely to be fresher in the mind.

I'm up for a laugh mate, feel free to rib me all you like on the boxing board but over here its not something they'll understand.

Sagna is a good right back, but he just isn't good enough to make a premiership foreign list, I perhaps shouldn't lol at his inclusion, because as you say going forward he is the best at the moment, but historically, you mention Petrescu, who I'd have in my team before Sagna all day.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 15 Mar 2012, 4:00 am

Can you also keep boxing arguments away from this thread please.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 15 Mar 2012, 4:02 am

Crimey wrote:
Carvalho?

Carvalho was the rock at the back for Chelsea's most successful period and the team has been dogged by defensive problems since he left. Anybody who can make John Terry seem world-class has got to be one of the best.

There have been a lot of better centre backs mate.

Gallas or Carvalho?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 15 Mar 2012, 4:07 am

Carvalho was the rock at the back of the most successful Premier League winning side ever, getting more points and conceding less goals than anybody else in 2004/5...I think that's pretty damn good.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 15 Mar 2012, 4:12 am

Schmeichel

Nielson
Stam
Vidic
Bjornebye

Ronaldo
Viera
Ginola

Zola
Bergkamp
Henry
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 15 Mar 2012, 5:53 am

The full back positions are very difficult to choose, Sagna is probably the best current Arsenal defender and is very very good going forward, his final ball for instance is at times superb, not a terrible shout at all.

Too soon to really mention Kompany alongside the likes of Stam or Hyypia but a million miles ahead of Skrtel (not even the best foreign centre back currently at liverpool.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 15 Mar 2012, 7:02 am

I see people trying to shoe horn in their favourite players into formations that just wouldn't work.

The topic is the best team so it should really reflect that, i.e. not having 2 wingers in a 3 man midfield.

Right back seems to be the probem position, as does the 2nd centre midfielder. Plenty of good choices for every other position.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Roberto Mankini Thu 15 Mar 2012, 7:11 pm

Schmeichel

Sagna
Stam
Hyypia
Harte

Ronaldo
Vieira
Keane
Giggs

Henry
Cantona

Roberto Mankini

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu 15 Mar 2012, 8:04 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:Schmeichel

NielsonStam
Vidic
Bjornebye
Ronaldo
Viera
Ginola

Zola
Bergkamp
Henry

Is that Roland Nielson the former Sheff Wed full back? He was a great defender, I'd forgotten about him.

And Stig Bjornebye? Top choice thumbsup
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 15 Mar 2012, 11:38 pm

crazygangwomble wrote:
KingKenny7Heaven wrote:Schmeichel

NielsonStam
Vidic
Bjornebye
Ronaldo
Viera
Ginola

Zola
Bergkamp
Henry

Is that Roland Nielson the former Sheff Wed full back? He was a great defender, I'd forgotten about him.

And Stig Bjornebye? Top choice thumbsup

Yes Roland Nielson OK Stig had a great left foot aswell
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:34 am

John Arne Riise

Best foreign left back of the past 10 years. Not as good as Irwin, but better than Evra. Evra is just solid, Riise was epic.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:46 am

Why dont people just pick their own team and shut up bitching about other peoples teams.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:57 am

Foreign team:

Schmeichel
Petrescu, Stam, Hyypia, Irwin.
C.Ronaldo, Vieira, Fabregas, Pires.
Henry, Bergkamp.

Unlucky to miss out: Zola, Ginola, Ljungberg, Vidic, Nilsson, and Van Nistelrooy.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 16 Mar 2012, 10:54 pm

dublfcynwa wrote:Why dont people just pick their own team and shut up bitching about other peoples teams.

Because this is a forum and debating things is what we do.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by BarneyRubble Fri 16 Mar 2012, 11:26 pm

Schmeichel
Nilsson Stam Vidic Evra
Ronaldo Vieira Fabregas Robben
Henry Bergkamp

Not sure about full backs, left midfield a lot of options (Ginola, Overmars, Pires)

BarneyRubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down