The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the Doghouse!

+3
Adam D
hodge
Gregers
7 posters

Go down

In the Doghouse! Empty In the Doghouse!

Post by Gregers Thu 08 Mar 2012, 6:47 pm

Welcome all to the third column by yours truly. Quick questions: 1) Are people enjoying these? and 2) Should I give them all a catchy name?

Anyways, onto todays column. One thing which is often discussed by the IWC is that certain wrestlers are "in the doghouse". This is a term that is thrown around quite a bit and often follows a wrestler being depushed quickly. A great example of this would be John Morrison almost exactly 12 months ago. JoMo went from being on the cusp of the main event scene to leaving the company a little over 9 months later. The reason for his 'depush' has been presumed to be over the disagreement with Trish Stratus over the Mania match last year as well as Melina being, well being Melina and as soon as she was fired/quit JoMo stayed in the doghouse until he left the company. Sometimes a wrestler gets out of the doghouse. A great example of this being HHH. Yes that HHH. There was a time when he was the Connecticut Blueblood and following that infamous Kliq celebration Hunter was firmly depushed and jobbed out for months. Looking at him now its hard to believe he was ever in the doghouse!

So moving onto today's column. Lets have a look at a current WWE star who is perceived as being 'in the doghouse'.

The Miz

Is the Miz in the doghouse? Well this is an interesting one at face value. He was 'blamed' for the low Survivor Series buyrate. However when you look at it there is no way the Miz is in the doghouse.

Survivor Series - Main Evented. Teaming with R-Truth against Rock and Cena (Rock was making his in-ring return in this match)
TLC - Main Evented. Fought CM Punk and ADR for the WWE Title
Royal Rumble - Lasted longer than anyone else in the match
Elimination Chamber - Was the last eliminated

That is not a last four PPV record of someone who is in the doghouse. It simply is not.

However, then we have the R-Truth incident. Which Miz was at fault for. Has he been de-pushed? Not really. He's on a losing streak, yes, but apart from being squashed by Big Show this week he hasn't been squashed at all. So the members of the IWC saying Miz will be Future Endeavoured are kidding themselves. Miz will shock the world at Mania as he has been saying for a few weeks. What does this mean? Who knows but I wouldn't bet against him leaving Mania with either the WWE or WHC title.

So is Miz in the doghouse? Absolutely not.

---

Looking at the rest of the roster several other names pop out.

Drew McIntyre, Mark Henry, Natalya, Brodus Clay.

Four names that have been talked about recently as being in the doghouse. Looking at them there is no way that Clay is in the doghouse. The rumours of him 'not being ready' are likely to be false. Surely holding Clay back to post Wrestlemania or maybe have Teddy Long announce him as a part of Team Long at Wrestlemania.

McIntyre? Now there is someone who almost certainly was in the doghouse. But a year after his Wife (now ex-wife) was fired he cannot still be in the doghouse. "The Fallen One" is finally looking like he might move back up the card.

Natalya? Well the losing streak (can anyone tell me when she last won a one on one match?) But the farting gimmick is what puts her in doghouse contention. BUT, after turning face (I think) last week (She stood up to Eve and defended Zack Ryder) maybe the best female wrestler on the roster (Sorry Beth and Khama) can move back up the roster.

Mark Henry? Yes that Mark Henry. You know the one who was built up as an absolute monster last year. Yep him. The one who is now losing to Show and Sheamus (who couldn't pin him 6 months ago!) in squash matches. Rumour has it Vince McMahon is annoyed with the Worlds Strongest Man because he chose to work through 2 injuries. Oh give me a break. Mark Henry is not in the doghouse, its just Wrestlemania season and unfortunately Henry has nothing to do.

----

So what are peoples thoughts? Who is in the doghouse?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

In the Doghouse! Empty Re: In the Doghouse!

Post by hodge Thu 08 Mar 2012, 7:59 pm

Alex Riley

Given a mass push from the aftermath of NXT in the amount of time he spent on TV with The Miz, you then had the inevitable breaking from Miz and their fued. He was in a fued with the man who had won the main event at Wrestlemania for the WWE title, he would then beat Miz at Capitol Punishment a PPV only 2 months after WM. He would then fued with Ziggler over the United States title. Up to this point he has been presented fairly strongly but gets injured. WWE have a chance to bring him back with a bang, however creative and vince have cooled on Riley believing his ring work isn't up to standard and Riley has barely been seen on tv since, appearing in the rumble and being eliminated first by the Miz.

so, Beating Miz at Capitol Punishment in June - to being virtually non existant on screen by November.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 08 Mar 2012, 8:34 pm

Good shout on Alex Riley

I'd forgotten he was still employed tbh!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 08 Mar 2012, 8:40 pm

I really like the thread idea but disagree about the Miz.

Sure he has continued to be around the main event. But thats because you cant just instantly drop someone from it (Ziggler excepted!).

Miz and Truth both were jobbed in under 2 minutes this week. I really hope you are right but the way they are using these two at the moment is terrible. Even if they are out of favour, they are being made to look like stooges out there.

I could suggest a few others as well:

Evan Bourne
Samoa Joe (although he is in the kennel its been so long)
Ezekiele Jackson

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 08 Mar 2012, 8:41 pm

Mason Ryan

Billed as the next Batista, with the fall of the New Nexus and a tragic face turn he has dropped off of the WWE's radar. Most are starting to believe he is a myth.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 08 Mar 2012, 8:58 pm

ah yes Evan Bourne, however I would say he's put himself there rather than WWE putting him in the doghouse.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:01 pm

Jack Swagger

Ever since he lost his world title back in June 2010 he has just gone down hill from there. Even his US title run wasnt good at all. Rarley appeard on Raw mainly on Superstars. Feel sorry for him. Needs a move back to Smackdown.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:36 pm

Alex Riley is in the doghouse because he sandbagged Swagger and got himself injured.

Swagger was actually praised backstage for still hitting his finisher despite being sandbagged.

Mason Ryan has been due a push. He was left out of the Rumble because it would serve him no purpose. And with Wrestlemania season he would have nothing to do. The only concern with him is his inability to connect with the fans.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:43 pm

I can't see Mason Ryan getting over now you mention it KB. Firstly, he isn't American, which does impact things. Secondly, all he does is grin and then flex.

He is comparable to Batista in some ways, but Batista had all the parts around him to get him over, and then he had the ability to keep himself there with a decent gimmick. Don't think Ryan will necessarily get these things.

Natalya must be in the doghouse. How else can she have ended up with a farting gimmick?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:44 pm

He's welsh, has weird hair and looks like he's chewing bees. How could he not get over?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:47 pm

I guess you've got a point there. They should probably play up the Welsh and give him a miners gimmick, and to promo solely in Welsh.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:48 pm

He just needs confidence.

He's gone from appearing on Gladiators, to performing live in front of thousands of people every night.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:52 pm

I get the feeling that both he and Zeke will never get above midcard on their own.

If they are part of a team, faction, or as an enforcer then they can play bigger parts I think.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down