The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Cena - The 6 Billion Dollar Man?

+7
Samo
BigPhil
Mr H
Celtic Warrior
Liam
Shot 21 LCFC
legendkillar
11 posters

Go down

John Cena - The 6 Billion Dollar Man? Empty John Cena - The 6 Billion Dollar Man?

Post by legendkillar Thu 01 Mar 2012, 8:47 am

I actually feel for Cena. when he first burst onto the scene and started the whole 'rapper' gimmick, I liked it. The jerseys, Chain Gang, the promo's. It fell into place. For me his feud with Lesnar is and remains the best he has had. Not only could he sell Lesnar, but he held his own physically against him and owned him on the mic. Why the WWE ever felt the rapper gimmick got too old too quickly is beyond me. Creatively the WWE have always been 'radical' in changing gimmicks on wrestlers they feel have gotten old or stale. Undertaker went from the Phenom and Prince of Darkness to American Badass. Designed to show more of the human side of the Deadman, it wasn't before long before the 'Phenom' came back and using the 'dark' prescence, but keeping the mic skills from the Badass has made it a much more unique and best of both worlds gimmick.

HHH. Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Went from 'Blueblood croquet playing ponce' to 'Prank playing party boy' of DX to 'The Game a ruthless son of a bitch doing anything to get to the top and stay there' a mini DX revival came and then as of 2010 was more of 'Legend who had both the sense of humour from his DX days and intensity from being the Game'

The Rock. Went from curly haired spear chucker to the Jabroni Beating, Pie Eating, Most Electrifying man in all of Sports Entertainment. Yes there is an element of Flair about that, but still he managed the transition and despite the WWE making him a leather wearing guitar playing flid, they didn't bury him completely.

CM Punk went from greasey, straight edged superstar to the cool outspoken person who can cut promo's on anyone. Reminds me a lot of Edge who went from goth running outsider to Rated R Joking funny guy.

My point being is that can the WWE save Cena and re-build him in a way which will make his gimmick fresh and cutting edge again? I think the way forward is the Heel turn at Mania. Not sure how I could have this played out though. If there was something beyond Mania involving Rock and Cena it would make the Heel turn much easier to solidify. Reminds me of the mid 90's when so many wanted a Taker face turn or a Rock Heel turn in 2001. It can work. Look no further than Hollywood Hogan. The WCW take the biggest face they ever signed and turn him into a Heel that added considerable lifespan to a wrestler's dying popularity. CM Punk. Look at the turnaround the WWE done with him. Turned him face and it has worked wonders for his career. They need to do something great with Cena. It is hard to imagine such a big superstar as him is getting old and stale in his 30's! Bring back the edgy Cena. Give him a little bit of an edge.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

John Cena - The 6 Billion Dollar Man? Empty Re: John Cena - The 6 Billion Dollar Man?

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 01 Mar 2012, 9:00 am

They have to turn him heel. If not then what will they do after Wrestlemania? Just go back to good guy Cena ignoring the boos while the commentators tell us "no-one gets a reaction like John Cena!!"...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

John Cena - The 6 Billion Dollar Man? Empty Re: John Cena - The 6 Billion Dollar Man?

Post by Liam Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:38 am

I really don't see the point in turning Cena heel. He hesn't got it in him to be a heel. He couldn't be a cowardly heel for obvious reasons, the only heel I could see him being is a corporate heel, forming with Johnny Ace in a way where he gives him favouritism with title shots and 1* contenders matches. He could say he wants to be the most successful individual in the history of the company, and Johnny Ace gives him this opportunity. He could still do the genuine I can't change the way you feel about me sort of thing, whilst attacking people for johnny Ace during matches, setting up feuds and generating heat, whilst also being a sort of face in a way he still talks like one but his motive is literally to do anything to be the best. A little bit like the Game was but not as cowardly. I still don't see the point in turning him heel. It wouldn't do well for merchandise, he won't get any of the older fans on his side, so to me it makes no sense at all and I can't see him turning heel, especially after Kane was unable to, which was surely the whole point of that feud, to turn Cena heel?

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Thu 01 Mar 2012, 12:38 pm

Why would they have turned Cena heel on Kane prior to WM though?

Surely the heel turn, if it happens, would have maximum impact at WM...against the Rock...in his Home Town?

For all we know the Kane feud may have panned out exactly the way they wanted it to and be further building up for the heel turn. Sure, Cena won that feud, but perhaps it planted the seed in his mind. After the match with Miz on RAW, before the Tron cut to the Rock, he looked like he was waiting for Miz to get back to his feet so he could floor him again (before he then jumped up on the turnbuckle.) That is unlike Cena.

So a heel turn is still possible. It would stop him pandering to the crowd and would naturally give him a reason to be edgy. He can drop the goofy "I'm here for you and I don't care what reaction you give me" attitude and change to an "I'm here for me" atittude.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 01 Mar 2012, 12:52 pm

Lets look at the possible finishes to the match:

1) How believable would it be for The Rock to beat Superman Cena with The Peoples Elbow? Not very. Definately cant see that happening.

2) The Rock isnt going to pin Cena with a Rock Bottom either.

3) The Rock wont be tapping out in Miami, so that rules out the STF.

4) The only finisher i can legitimately resulting in a clean victory for either guy is the AA.

5) Ref bump. The Rock is down, the crowd are on Cena's back. He embraces the hate, destroys Rock with a chair then nails him with an AA just as the ref is getting up and picks up the win by pinning The Rock with his foot on his chest. That would garner massive heat.

To conclude, i dont see The Rock winning either either of his finishers, it just isnt believable that they'd be enough to put Cena away. I dont see Rock tapping out, so the only possible outcomes for me are a clean Cena win via an AA, or a screwy finish of some kind.

I'll go with a screwy finish, and hopefully the heel turn confirmed the next night on Raw. The Kane fued, the Roddy Piper segment, they have to pull the trigger on it, if they dont do it now it will never happen.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 01 Mar 2012, 2:08 pm

I can see nothing but good points in turning Cena heel. He has done it before and was actually bloody good at it. His gimmick is too old at the moment and for my liking way too 'soft' he makes himself too easy to be owned on the mic. For me a heel turn could sharpen the gimmick and make him stronger on the mic too. Look past the crappy T-shirts and sweatbands and caps, I mean god Hogan made a name for himself with just a yellow vest!!

I was leaning towards a Rock victory, but now I am cert Cena will win. Win ugly I hope and make the turn. If they don't, it makes the past 3 months the most pointless in history.

It then brings us to post Wrestlemania, looking at the faces Punk or Sheamus. Wouldn't mind seeing him and Sheamus in a long term feud.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Thu 01 Mar 2012, 6:20 pm

People have been saying 'the heel turns coming' 'the heel turns coming', 'he's going to do it at this event', 'that event' for years. And each time they're disappointed as it doesn't happen.

It won't happen at Wrestlemania either. Cena is going to win, and he's going to win with the AA. And afterwards they're going to shake hands in respect. It's going to aggravate people like never before. I can't see WWE wanting to end it any other way.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 01 Mar 2012, 6:42 pm

How will we notice he turns heel when the crowd will Boo him out the stadium regardless?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Thu 01 Mar 2012, 6:45 pm

I don't know about The 6 Billion Dollar Man, but he sure is The Fall Guy!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 02 Mar 2012, 12:05 pm

Mr H wrote:Lets look at the possible finishes to the match:

1) How believable would it be for The Rock to beat Superman Cena with The Peoples Elbow? Not very. Definately cant see that happening.

2) The Rock isnt going to pin Cena with a Rock Bottom either.

3) The Rock wont be tapping out in Miami, so that rules out the STF.

4) The only finisher i can legitimately resulting in a clean victory for either guy is the AA.

5) Ref bump. The Rock is down, the crowd are on Cena's back. He embraces the hate, destroys Rock with a chair then nails him with an AA just as the ref is getting up and picks up the win by pinning The Rock with his foot on his chest. That would garner massive heat.

To conclude, i dont see The Rock winning either either of his finishers, it just isnt believable that they'd be enough to put Cena away. I dont see Rock tapping out, so the only possible outcomes for me are a clean Cena win via an AA, or a screwy finish of some kind.

I'll go with a screwy finish, and hopefully the heel turn confirmed the next night on Raw. The Kane fued, the Roddy Piper segment, they have to pull the trigger on it, if they dont do it now it will never happen.

I agree with this totally.

I want a heel turn. But I doubt it will happen. If it is going to happen it would have to be at WM or at least at one of the big 4 PPV's (doesn't have to be this one, but at A WM). The fact is Cena and Rock have to compress a storyline that should have been stretched out over the Rumble and EC. And they have 3 weeks to do it.

I feel sorry for Cena in part to the way WWE have portrayed him. Whether that is due to the lack of credible main eventers or WWE's love for the $$$ that come via Cena. However, his selling and wrestling ability have been substandard for some time - key areas of the art. This is something that as a performer he should be perfecting. He has to take a part of the blame for the Super Cena gimmick. He has failed on many occasions to make others look anywhere near his equal.

Which brings us to the Rock

Sources have reported that the Rock is going to appear at SummerSlam and next years WM. If there is a continuation to the feud, SOMETHING has to happen that continues it......so this discounts the handshake. Unless he is going to be facing someone else...even though, for reasons stated above, there IS no-one else (not as big a draw as Cena anyway)

My feelings at the moment are that there will be no heel turn. But I don't think there is going to be a handshake either. As Mr H says, I am going for a screwy finish of some kind (rather like last years WM). This continues the fued and maybe, just maybe a turn for Cena in the future (Summerslam....then a TOTALLY different looking Rock v Cena match at next years WM).

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Fri 02 Mar 2012, 8:04 pm

I doubt this would happen, but no-one has considered a double count out like HHH vs Michaels at 2004's Royal Rumble. I know that was a Last Man Standing match, but I mean, what if they both knock each other about so bad, neither of them can get up?

(Disclaimer: This is possibly the worst thought ever, and I don't want it to happen, but it was just an extra thought)
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:08 pm

TBH I just want the rock to win. I'm a huge rock fan and I don't want his (possibly) last match to be a loss, in his home town, on the grandest stage of them all to the guy who will probably become one of the most successful wrestlers of all time, yet is probably one of the most average performers of all time. It really bugs me. If I was running WWE, I would think of all the people who will buy it, all of whom turn up at the venue, and what the fans want and I would give The Rock to win, then Cena to win the rematch at Summerslam, but not at Wrestlemania, please God not mania.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by jai.roberts Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:52 pm

I can't see the WWE letting Rocky lose at mania....

They didn't let Mayweather lose, akibono, tyson, mr. t. ....

The Rock (although an ex-superstar) is another celeb guest i've been watching and i thought cena would embrace the hate but am losing hope of that.... Rock is going to win this match.... I really think Cena is going to buried in this .....

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down