The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction

+10
dogtooth
Shifty
majesticimperialman
Knowsit17
slartibartfast
kiakahaaotearoa
Comfort
Biltong
eirebilly
idris
14 posters

Go down

ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Vote_lcap4%ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Vote_lcap8%ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 4 ]
ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Vote_lcap12%ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 6 ]
ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Vote_lcap10%ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 5 ]
ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Vote_lcap4%ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Vote_lcap19%ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 10 ]
ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Vote_lcap13%ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 7 ]
ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Vote_lcap17%ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 9 ]
ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Vote_lcap13%ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 52

ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Empty ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction

Post by idris Thu 23 Feb 2012, 3:23 pm

idris

Back to top Go down

ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Empty Re: ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction

Post by eirebilly Thu 23 Feb 2012, 6:47 pm

I have gone for Wales by 5-10
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction Empty Re: ENG v WALES - vote on score prediction

Post by Biltong Thu 23 Feb 2012, 6:57 pm

Obviously I have gone the exact opposite.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 23 Feb 2012, 6:59 pm

Of course you did PK Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:06 pm

Well i just figure Wales may be playing good rugby, but people are looking too much into the very good back line they have and the impressive runs they have made.

What people aren't realising is that despite the great rugby they played so far, they needed a fortunate penalty against Ireland to win that one, and they needed two yellow cards to go their way before they made headway against Scotland.

Great rugby is spectacular to watch, but when you play spectacular rugby, you should win by bigger margins.

Now the other side of the coin is England despite playing poor rugby have also been winning.

So this game is going to be close, and for that reason I am going for the home team.

Was this at millenium stadium, I would have gone for Wales.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:08 pm

i went for wales by 0-5. couldn't really decide, but gave in to my welshness.

should be a great game, hopefully the more settled combinations and our new found clinical edge can win it for us.

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:08 pm

And Englands two chargedowns dont cancel that out biltong? Whistle
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:10 pm

No not really billy, becuase they haven't been playing well, they have slogged throguh their games, I don't beleive they can play that poorly at home this whole tournament.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:14 pm

Ok, we will see. I just think that Wales will just have that bit too much to beat England but it will be very close.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:17 pm

England haven´t been playing well but haven´t needed to really against the two weakest sides in the competition. Wales found a way to win in Ireland when too often they would have lost a game like that in the past.

Both sides have important players coming back from injury. That can be a double edged sword as they´re short on match fitness. Both sides have confidence from winning their first two games. There´s not much in this.

Will Wales be allowed to get so easily over the gain line and can their big backs break through what looks to be one of the strengths of this England side: their defence? If Wales can win this, they have a relatively easy run for the Slam and can put pressure on France to slip up before they meet in Cardiff.

If England can win, then they know how to get a win even when they´re not playing to their best. So everything to play for in this match in terms of tournament hopes. I sincerely hope the match lives up to the hype as the last few games between these sides have been largely non-events and a game like in Ireland that sees a see-saw battle would be brilliant from this neutral´s perspective.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:40 pm

biltongbek wrote:Well i just figure Wales may be playing good rugby, but people are looking too much into the very good back line they have and the impressive runs they have made.

What people aren't realising is that despite the great rugby they played so far, they needed a fortunate penalty against Ireland to win that one, and they needed two yellow cards to go their way before they made headway against Scotland.

Great rugby is spectacular to watch, but when you play spectacular rugby, you should win by bigger margins.

Now the other side of the coin is England despite playing poor rugby have also been winning.

So this game is going to be close, and for that reason I am going for the home team.

Was this at millenium stadium, I would have gone for Wales.

Surely the yellow cards were there becuase of the pressure scotland were under.

"people" also forget how poor the italian subs were - but again that may have been down to pressure by England (or youngs going off!)

Also "people" are not giving the welsh pack any credit - the poeple talking about the welsh backs tend not to be the wales supporters - we're raving about our back row who have so far stood up against the much vaunted Ireland and Scottish back rows and came out on the winning team. Hopefully they'll do the same this weekend.

I do agree though that Mike Phillips didn't have his best game against Scotland - I also think it's time for Jamie Roberts to show some form.

I'm sure that Englands defence and pride will ensure it's a close game but Wales have shown in the first two games that they don't panic anymore and are quite calm and don't do stupid things when they fall behind e.g. AWJ trip gate

Will England's new look team do the same if they fall 6 points behind.... hmmm....

slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:56 pm

Slarti, if you have followed my posts during the day, you would know that I paid specific attention to the fact that if England don't clear their rucks quickly your forwards will steamroller them.

I also commented that has added a lot to your backline, I have also complimented JD a lot during the past week. The only weakness I see in Wales currently is their line out.

I just question why the form team of the tournament is not winning with bigger margins.

Now England can't possibly get worse, but what happens if Wales have an off day?

For me that is where the balance goes to the home team.

The fact is Wales should have won by more and in the old days not too long ago Wales would look busy, play attractive rugby and lose due to 60 minute performances, now they win because they manage to put together 80 minute performances.

So they have definitely upped their game, they aren't winning on the score board convinxingly yet, so on a bad dat?

It is only an opinion and I have no issue if I am wrong
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 8:28 pm

Wales by 15+

The backline is going to make almost all the difference and shred the English out wide. If we're on song I can see it becoming more one-sided as the game progresses.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 8:32 pm

What people aren't realising is that despite the poor rugby they played so far, they needed a charge down against Scotland to win that one, and they needed a charge down to go their way before they made headway against Italy.

Fixed that for you biltong Smile

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 23 Feb 2012, 8:41 pm

Thanks mate, I appreciate the help Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:17 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:Wales by 15+

The backline is going to make almost all the difference and shred the English out wide. If we're on song I can see it becoming more one-sided as the game progresses.

A little bit of a cntridiction their isnt it Knowsit17?

First you are saying that the backline is going to shred the English out wide.

The you ( if we're on song). So are Wales going to shred England to bits? Or, will it depend if your team is on song?

Personaly i have England 0-15. I think any one going for more than that, is deluding themselves.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:22 pm

Wales to sneak a win by a few points, though that's my heart's decision.

My head says England will sort themselves out and get a win. they can;t play as badly as they have been against us, especially at HQ.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:31 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:
Knowsit17 wrote:Wales by 15+

A little bit of a cntridiction their isnt it Knowsit17?

First you are saying that the backline is going to shred the English out wide.

The you ( if we're on song). So are Wales going to shred England to bits? Or, will it depend if your team is on song?

Personaly i have England 0-15. I think any one going for more than that, is deluding themselves.

Of course if we're not on song we'll most likely lose barring a lucky break. If you don't turn up against anyone, including Italy, you'll lose. However, I feel Wales will turn up very well on Saturday, they're high on confidence but at the same time patient and appreciative of the opposition threat. Therefore I'm predicting a Welsh win. If I'm wrong and the foot isn't quite on the gas then England will win.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Fri 24 Feb 2012, 10:31 am

ive got a horrible feeling england will sneak a win. if england win it will be the most humiliating defeat wales have ever suffered in twik-num, including that horrible world cup warm up game way back when.

should be a good game of rugby nevertheless but, the result, far from certain at this point.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Equo Troiano Fri 24 Feb 2012, 10:36 am

Why would it be humiliating? Wales rarely win at Twickenham.

Equo Troiano

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Fri 24 Feb 2012, 10:48 am

Gone for Wales by 0-5, just think they mey have a bit too much for us. Hope i'm wrong. Still if we make a good show of it and prove that we can be creative i'll take a narrow loss (or 'moral victory' as i'll be telling my Welsh colleagues!). Good luck all, be interesting to see how many finger nails are left after the match!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 24 Feb 2012, 11:11 am

I think we know what we all expect from Wales...and it's almost written in the stars they'll give it to us. It's their winning formula and they just don't have any other methods of doing it.

England on the other hand, they've won the same amount of games playing on virtually the exact opposite end of the rugby spectrum. I believe they know they have to up the tempo and increase the aggression against Wales. I believe this is the true beginning of England's campaign, if they are committed to putting up a serious challenge. Welsh efforts began in the first week.

I think the aspect of what is yet to be seen from England in a high intensity game against high level competition makes me think they will pull off a win.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by aceironballs Fri 24 Feb 2012, 11:53 am

I think Wales will win by 15+

My rationale is based on where the teams are at the moment.

I think England have the makings of a good team - I just think they need a year or so longer to get all the gameplans and gears working together.

The Welsh team have had a few years together - Had good and bad moments experienced as a group, practised different gameplans etc, that has to count for something.

That's not to say that England can't win by 15+ themselves mind - It's all about what happens on the day - I just think all things considered Wales should win because they've been together as team for much longer.

aceironballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down