The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judy Murray - What can she bring?

+4
Calder106
hawkeye
noleisthebest
Beer
8 posters

Go down

Judy Murray - What can she bring? Empty Judy Murray - What can she bring?

Post by Beer Wed 15 Feb 2012, 8:12 pm

Hello,

I wondered what people's thoughts are on Judy Murray?

Since her appointment as Captain of the Fed Cup team there seems to have been a vast improvement in the performance of Britain's female representatives. Is this down to Judy? Could she potentially have an even bigger impact on the womens game and perhaps create a female version of Andy? Or is this just our girls should be beating this calibre of opponents anyway and eventually they will be found out?

Look forward to your comments!

KB

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Judy Murray - What can she bring? Empty Re: Judy Murray - What can she bring?

Post by noleisthebest Wed 15 Feb 2012, 10:13 pm

Judy can bring passion and enthusiasm. People seriously underestimate them.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 15 Feb 2012, 10:20 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Judy can bring passion and enthusiasm. People seriously underestimate them.

I've noticed you've been very busy tonight. Up to your usual stuff...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Wed 15 Feb 2012, 10:21 pm

Obviously the Fed Cup team have done very well so far. Therefore Judy Murray's captaincy must be working in the right way. However she is not the actual coach of any of the Fed Cup players so given the time she was with them I don't think she would really be able to add much to their game and I'm sure their coaches would not want her to be changing things. I think she just managed to instill a team spirit and belief in the players which was shown in the results.
How they perform outside of the Fed Cup will be interesting to see Ann K has had a couple of good wins over the past two weeks (including beating both Robson and Watson this week).

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Wed 15 Feb 2012, 11:31 pm

Yes and no.

Yes, her position of Fed Cup captain is a very good one, and I feel is positive.

No, the current success of the British women is not really much to do with her, they've been more or less at that level for a good while now.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 16 Feb 2012, 9:53 am

Calder106 wrote:Obviously the Fed Cup team have done very well so far. Therefore Judy Murray's captaincy must be working in the right way. However she is not the actual coach of any of the Fed Cup players so given the time she was with them I don't think she would really be able to add much to their game and I'm sure their coaches would not want her to be changing things. I think she just managed to instill a team spirit and belief in the players which was shown in the results.
How they perform outside of the Fed Cup will be interesting to see Ann K has had a couple of good wins over the past two weeks (including beating both Robson and Watson this week).

Could she eventually take on a coaching role? Or maybe work within the youth development system? See whether she can pick out the next star?

Outside of Robson, Watson and Keo we don't appear to have a great deal of depth in that area.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Thu 16 Feb 2012, 9:59 am

King Beer

"Outside of Robson, Watson and Keo we don't appear to have a great deal of depth in that area."

Er, ever heard of Baltacha since the last time I looked she was actually the no. 1 player?

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:43 am

newballs wrote:King Beer

"Outside of Robson, Watson and Keo we don't appear to have a great deal of depth in that area."

Er, ever heard of Baltacha since the last time I looked she was actually the no. 1 player?

Yep, well aware of her. Just missed her off my list.

Still, my point was that there is nobody coming through the ranks that people are taking notice of. Keo and Baltacha are both 28, so probably have 3 years tops left before they get taken over.

Thanks for taking the time to point out a minor omision rather than answering the question.

No wonder the Tennis board is dying. Rolling Eyes

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 16 Feb 2012, 11:46 am

"Judy Murray - What can she bring?"

Andy's lunch?
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Thu 16 Feb 2012, 12:20 pm

lydian wrote:"Judy Murray - What can she bring?"

Andy's lunch?

Laugh

Seriously - think Judy is brilliant. She is very impressive when she is interviewed - softly spoken but with real determination and enthusiasm. She is obviously very passionate about her sons' careers, but also extremely passionate about the game itself. It was a great result for her girls first time out, and very telling that old hands like Baltacha stated it was the most fun that she had ever had at Fed Cup.

I think we are lucky to have her.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Thu 16 Feb 2012, 12:59 pm

King Beer wrote:
Calder106 wrote:Obviously the Fed Cup team have done very well so far. Therefore Judy Murray's captaincy must be working in the right way. However she is not the actual coach of any of the Fed Cup players so given the time she was with them I don't think she would really be able to add much to their game and I'm sure their coaches would not want her to be changing things. I think she just managed to instill a team spirit and belief in the players which was shown in the results.

Could she eventually take on a coaching role? Or maybe work within the youth development system? See whether she can pick out the next star?

Outside of Robson, Watson and Keo we don't appear to have a great deal of depth in that area.

She was Scottish National coach for a number of years. I would be surprised if she took on a invidual coaching role with a player(but who am I to know). From what I have read she is very interested in getting young people into sport in general and probably tennis in particular.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down