The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miz in the dog house

+14
Dexter Morgan
Beer
Crimey
theundisputedY2D2
wwinterj
Kay Fabe
more_awesome_than_a_ri
Ent
NickisBHAFC
MtotheC
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
bretmeharty
The Awesome Giz
Miz NG
18 posters

Go down

Miz in the dog house Empty Miz in the dog house

Post by Miz NG Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:27 pm

According to www.ewrestlingnews.com Miz is in the dog house because (apparently) WWE blame him for the poor buy rate for Survivor Series. Also, according to the site, he was publicly yelled at for the botched move when R-Truth dived over the rope on Raw on Monday.

If the first part is true, to make Miz the scapegoat for SS is stupid! The whole card wasn't mouth watering, and clearly WWE cannot place any blame on Cena or the Rock. Truth went on suspension not long after. The way the match was built up didn't make me want to buy SS, I mean Cena, on his own, beat down Awesome Truth before SS. Maybe creative want to take a look at themselves before blaming someone they wrote for.

I haven't seen the R-Truth moment yet, so can't comment on it.

Considering the amount of public work the Miz does, will thiese issues hinder his chances of climbing back up the ladder in WWE?

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Miz in the dog house Empty Re: Miz in the dog house

Post by The Awesome Giz Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:43 pm

I have to admit the R Truth spot on Monday night looked painful, you could tell Miz screwed it up. I think it was ment to be a over the top rope senton but he completely misses catching him and almost moves out of the way.

Blaming Miz for Survivor Series is harsh, that said apparently Vince likes the him, its Triple H who doesn't rate him much.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:47 pm

And WWE wonder why no stars are made, they think it's about tough love to prove their commitment when in actual fact they treat the younger guys like crap and come up with stupid ways to ridicule them.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:54 pm

How can you blame Miz for Survivor Series? That's mental.

Maybe it's indicative of building a PPV main event around someone who isn't around to promote it, along with probable ridiculous assumptions on buy rates made thereon.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:32 pm

The botch on Monday looked horrific and truth could have come off a lot worse, you could even see miz checking he was ok at one point.

To place miz in 'the dog house' for this is harsh, with the pressure and physicality these guys put their bodies through it should be expected that mistakes can happen more often than not, most of which will probably be unseen by the common fan.

In regards to SS buy rate well that just bs IMO, as others have said how can you blame a talent for the lack of decent matches and fueds on a ppv

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:39 pm

It needs for a talent like the Miz to walk way for WWE to ever look at them selves, but the Miz won't because he grew up as a fan of the business and he could never leave his dream.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:42 pm

The Miz did man sausage it up on raw this week and thankfully Truth diddnt get worse off from it. Anyone know how long he will be out for ?

As for SS its a bit harsh to blaim him. Although im not a massive fan of him. Mania wasnt a classic and you have to ask yourself was it because of the miz. I dont class the miz as a massive name and i really dont see him improving in the future. wwe was at the best in 2011 during the summer when miz wasnt maineventing and just mid card. So i really dont rate him an awfull lot.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:22 pm

Don't believe the survivor series bit, he's still been prominent, longest in rumble etc a anyone know the buy rates?

As fr the botch if it was bad he should get a slap on the wrist, he's a potential star with a face turn and I don't think wwe will bury him just yet.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:34 pm

Buy rates for ss meant to be 322k up 80k from previous year and arena sold out in 30 minutes.

Supposedly bucking a trend of decreased buys with summer slam and noc showing falls.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by more_awesome_than_a_ri Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:05 pm

The Miz getting the blame for SS is laughable!!!

The whole show was built around the "Never Before, Never Again" teaming of Cena and The Rock with little thought to the rest of the card, if Miz is being blamed then they need to have a word with themselves.

The R-Truth injury Monday looked a legit mistake, when Truth takes off he's not exactly in line with Miz, who looked like he wasn't ready to catch Truth.

I'm sure HHH has never, ever botched in his career......

more_awesome_than_a_ri

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:16 pm

I mentioned this last week when I heard Miz was in the dog house about Survivor Series but I'll say it again, how Miz can be blamed is beyond stupid, they booked Miz and Truth to go against Rock and Cena yet they had Cena making both of them look like a bitch on his own rendering the need for Rock pointless, also, Rock showed up the week before Survivor Series then he beat the crap out the two of them, if Miz and Truth weren't booked to be the stronger force against just one of them on their own, how is anyone expected to believe they'd be stronger than two of them together

The booking was full of promise up until Survivor Series or Hell in a Cell, I'd have had Del Rio retain against Cena at Hell in a Cell and have Punk/HHH vs Truth/Miz where HHH should have turned heel on Punk and have him trapped in the Cell with Miz Truth and Nash (who 'big Johnny' would use as enforcer)

This would have lead to Del Rio having a winning streak over Cena, team him up with Ziggler and Swagger (using Vickie as the Mexican connection) and have 3 of those guys constantly beat down Cena which then would bring The Rock into it, you have the WWE Champion and a highly rated upper mid and midcarder against Cena and The Rock

In the 5 on 5 Survivor Series Match I'd have booked Punk's indy pals trying to get in the Cell at HiaC then HHH telling Punk to get himself an 'indy' team against his Superstars, this would be a great way to start MitB holder Daniel Bryan's push, I'd also use Colt Cabana as well with the clause that if he pins anyone he will win a contract, this would also have been ample opportunity to blood Tyler Black/Seth Rollins into the WWE although I'd have rather seen them get Chris Hero signed and sealed and introduced the Kings of Wrestling or The Kings of Entertainment as they'd probably be called in the WWE, during this time I'd have turned John Morrison heel and aligned him with Miz and Truth under HHH and Nash's watchful eye, like a new age clique

HHH, Nash, Morrison, Truth & Miz vs Punk, Bryan, Colt Cabana & The Kings of Wrestling (or Rollins & Cessaro)

Those for me are the two matches that should have beenbooked for Survivor Series, not with the help of hindsight but what I genuinely think should have happened

The dropped the edge Punk and HHH had though, they telegraphed an allegence with Nash and Ace and made the main heels in the main event feud look pathetic against only one half of their opponents

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by wwinterj Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:36 pm

didnt cena beat miz/truth on raw a week or so earlier? so why would anyone believe them beating Cena AND the The Rock at SS?

Thats what mystified me.
wwinterj
wwinterj

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:43 pm

Yeah I'm sure someone made that point

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:44 pm

You're so sarcy Laugh I bet Christmas round yours is a barrel Gaff

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

I think WWE expected massive buys on the fact it was the Rock's big in ring return alone, but it never materialised and now they are looking for a scape-goat.

WWE need to realise a little bit of story telling helps.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:22 pm

I blame the Miz for everything.

It's his fault the Survivor Series buyrate was lower than expected, it's his fault he didn't catch R-Truth, it's his fault Big Show ran over AJ, it's his fault the Undertaker has to wear a wig, it's his fault Natalya farts, it's his fault Sheamus won the Royal Rumble, it's his fault Khali's in the Elimination Chamber, it's his fault Jack Swagger has a lisp and it's his fault Kharma had a baby.

Everything is the Miz's fault. He's like the opposite of Snitsky.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:21 pm

JBL was right, Miz sucks Laugh

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:56 pm

I'm sure that John Cena beat The Miz AND R-Truth by himself on the Raw before Survivor Series. It's not believable that they could beat both The Rock and Cena after that.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:02 pm

HHH returned 2 weeks before the rumble once.....

Just saying.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:06 pm

King Beer wrote:HHH returned 2 weeks before the rumble once.....

Just saying.

January 7th 2002? And everyone then thought he returned at the actual Rumble?

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:15 pm

I'm a big fan of The Miz, and cannot understand why he's been scapegoated for Survivor Series' underwhelming buy rates. Perhaps if they didn't have Cena destroy Awesome Truth on his own during the PPV build up, and didn't have Henry-Big Show as a World title match that nobody cared about because their both cr@p wrestlers, and didn't have Morrison in a US title match in Zack Ryder's home town, then, just maybe, the buyrates might just have been slightly better. If anyone's to blame, it's creative, not The Miz.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:04 am

Did Cena have any interaction with Miz and Truth pre Survivor Series?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:24 am

I think I read somewhere that Cena had some sort of altercation with Awesome Truth before Survivor Series and handed them a beating...although if this were true I'm sure someone would have mentioned it by now...

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:21 am

I actually realy like the Miz, he wrestles well, and he's brilliant on the mic. If you asked me to pick one guy to realy push in the wwe it would be the Miz, I think if they turned him face he could become the biggest star in wwe. Even now slot of the fans cheer for him, and he's supposed to be the bad guy.

Blaming him for Survivor Series is totally ridiculous, first of all the results of the big matches were far to obvious, everyone knew the Rock and Cena would win, you didn't have to buy the ppv to work that out. The Punk/Del Rio match was also fairly obvious, and as for Henry/Show no one wants to see 2 big guys like that wrestling it's boring.

As for the mistake with R Truth, I suppose Miz was to blame, but he isn't seriously injured, and mistakes do happen in wrestling. Even the best wrestlers can make an error, thats the way it is. I don't ever recall the Miz making an error like that before, so give the guy a break.

I have noticed lately that the Miz has been losing a few matches to midcarders lately, most notably R Truth and Kofi Kingston which does worry me, as if the wwe intended to push him, and get him back up to main event level, were I think he belongs, then he wouldn't be losing to those 2.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:43 pm

I don't really know much about the whole Survivor Series, but all I saw SS was to promote the Rock's in ring return, so not much can be blamed on the Miz.

As for the R-Truth incident, I think Miz probably is to blame. I think he thought he was meant to move, but realised last minute that he was in fact meant to catch Truth. Looked pretty painful for Truth as I believe he landed on his lower spine.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down