The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January Transfer Window - Championship

+4
monty junior
Crimey
hodge
jimbohammers
8 posters

Go down

January Transfer Window - Championship Empty January Transfer Window - Championship

Post by jimbohammers Tue 24 Jan 2012, 1:38 pm

Maynard off to Wigan for 2m?

Leicester signing Wes Morgan?

West Ham signing Jelavic?

Post all your transfer rumours here and thoughts about potential deals.

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

January Transfer Window - Championship Empty Re: January Transfer Window - Championship

Post by hodge Tue 24 Jan 2012, 3:19 pm

yeah I put Maynard to Wigan in the prem bit, likely fee is £2m-£2.2m, Plenty of other rumours regarding him though, that West Brom is where we will go as we got Wood on loan as part of that deal. Swansea also interested and supposedly willing to include Dobbie in a swap + cash deal for him

hodge

Back to top Go down

January Transfer Window - Championship Empty Re: January Transfer Window - Championship

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jan 2012, 3:32 pm

hopefully the jelavic to west ham deal goes through Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 24 Jan 2012, 4:01 pm

hasnt he been linked to liverpool?

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 24 Jan 2012, 6:18 pm

Odd that Maynard would move to Wigan, where most likely he will end up going straight back down to the Championship.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Tue 24 Jan 2012, 6:45 pm

No way will Jelavic leave to West Ham, he's already said he's not interested in going to the championship.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 24 Jan 2012, 9:10 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:Odd that Maynard would move to Wigan, where most likely he will end up going straight back down to the Championship.

if he scored 5/6 goals before the end of the season you would imagine another team would then come in for him in the summer. If not you would think Wigan would stand a decent chance of going back up again.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 24 Jan 2012, 9:17 pm

I'm not sure if Wigan would go back up again, I suppose they are financially sound, but in terms of fan base they are quite weak because Wigan is obviously a rugby town. They've also got a very heavy foreign based group of players who I imagine would either leave before dropping down a division or are more likely to struggle in the Championship.

It just seems an odd career move, the only explanation is that Wigan are the only team to show substantial interest and he is wanting to get out now and not ever making it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 24 Jan 2012, 10:13 pm

Maynard has snubbed Wigan according to the mirror

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 25 Jan 2012, 10:25 am

korey smith of Norwich has joined palace on loan until Feb 25th

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed 25 Jan 2012, 2:16 pm

Not sure i want Jelavic, SPL is about the same standard as league 2.

Hope we go back in for Rhodes

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 25 Jan 2012, 2:29 pm

Ok here is all the Leicester City related new I can think of:

Gelson Fernandes, Yuki Abe and Michael Ball have all been released. We have signed Danny Drinkwater permanently from Man Utd. Barnsley fans will know all about him. We have also taken on Nathan Delfouneso from Aston Villa on a months loan.

Goalkeeper Chris Weale has joined Northampton. I believe for a month. We have unsuccesfully tried to sign Wes Morgan from Forest, Jimmy Kebe from Reading, Cameron Stewart from Hull and Billy Sharp from Doncaster. There have also been rumours of us trying to get Robert Snodgrass from Leeds. Maybe even giving them Richie Wellens as part of a swap deal.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:55 pm

Surprised to see that you have released Fernandes, thought he was good?

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 25 Jan 2012, 4:00 pm

He was ace. I belive he requested his release. Came to play for Sven I suppose. Abe was homesick and Ball just wasnt getting enough games. I also heard we were supposed to be releasing Bruno Berner but I havent seen anything confirmed.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 26 Jan 2012, 10:20 am

monty junior wrote:No way will Jelavic leave to West Ham, he's already said he's not interested in going to the championship.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/01/25/rangers-reject-7million-bid-for-nikica-jelavic-from-west-ham-86908-23720352/

Doesn't seem he's too averse to a move...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Thu 26 Jan 2012, 12:59 pm

jimbohammers wrote:Not sure i want Jelavic, SPL is about the same standard as league 2.

Hope we go back in for Rhodes

Jelavic is a Croatian international, you need to make your name somewhere. Plus Rangers and Celtic are certainly better than the majority of championship teams never mind league 1

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu 26 Jan 2012, 1:03 pm

jimbohammers wrote:Maynard off to Wigan for 2m?

Jimbo

What do you think the chances are of you guys letting us sign George Moncur perm?? He is class! thumbsup
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:32 am

crazygangwomble wrote:

Jimbo

What do you think the chances are of you guys letting us sign George Moncur perm?? He is class! thumbsup

Pretty slim I would have thought, he's only 18 so I would think he will have a year or two more out on loans, possibly less if he can start to break the first team.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:38 am

bring gelson fernandes to west ham then!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:21 am

I thinks he is going Udinese or somewhere like that.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri 27 Jan 2012, 11:18 am

sodhat wrote:
crazygangwomble wrote:

Jimbo

Pretty slim I would have thought, he's only 18 so I would think he will have a year or two more out on loans, possibly less if he can start to break the first team.

I'll take a season long loan. He is clearly going to be a top player and it won't be long before he is a regular at West Ham.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Tue 31 Jan 2012, 2:48 pm

crazygang,

great to hear he is playing well, he is highly thought of at West Ham, has been in a couple of first team squads this season.

Can see us loaning him out to you for the rest of the season though as we have lots of midfielders.

Keep us updated on how he is doing!

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down