The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arum being exposed as a crook with Donaire switch

+5
wow_junky
coxy0001
BALTIMORA
oxring
themadworldofjb
9 posters

Go down

Arum being exposed as a crook with Donaire switch Empty Arum being exposed as a crook with Donaire switch

Post by themadworldofjb Thu 17 Mar 2011, 4:43 pm

Arum being exposed as a crook with Donaire switch Images%3Fq%3Dbob%2Barum%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dcom

With the recent news that Nonito Donaire has left Top Rank and joined Golden Boy, I feel this shows Bob Arum's repectability in the Boxing World beginning to fail. Here I list a few reasons why:

1. He likes to keep most of his fights "in-house" in order to maximise profit from his big shows. Case in Point, Pacqiuao latest fights against Cotto, Clottey, Margarito and Mosley are all "in-house".
2. He forced Mosley to switch to Top Rank in order to get the fight with Pacqiauo, despite Shane being a shareholder in Golden Boy
3. If the Donaire camp is to be believed, he wasn't going to push his non-elite fighters. He offered Donaire a fight with Moreno and seemed to hint that a fight with the Mares-Agbeko fight didnt exist.
4. Slow to get things done: Wheres LOPEZ vs GAMBOA!!!

These are only a few but I'm sure we can now see Arum for the fool he really is.
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Arum being exposed as a crook with Donaire switch Empty Re: Arum being exposed as a crook with Donaire switch

Post by oxring Thu 17 Mar 2011, 4:51 pm

Hmm. I'm not sure that you can call a man who , more than anyone else, recognised the potential interest for marketing latin american fighters; and amongst other things, resurrected the career of Duran - can be called a "fool".

He's a crook, no 2 ways around that fact. Boxing would be better off without him, and King, and most of the other "men-in-suits" who control the sport. But its better now than when the mafia ruled the sport - so we shouldn't complain.

He is most certainly not a fool.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Arum being exposed as a crook with Donaire switch Empty Re: Arum being exposed as a crook with Donaire switch

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 17 Mar 2011, 4:55 pm

Even if were a fool, why would he care? He's a damned sight more wealthy and successful than any fool I ever met!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 17 Mar 2011, 4:58 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Even if were a fool, why would he care? He's a damned sight more wealthy and successful than any fool I ever met!

I ain't gettin' on no plane....

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by wow_junky Thu 17 Mar 2011, 4:59 pm

Can't see anything wrong with a Donaire-Moreno fight personally

His recent Pacquiao match making and inability to give the public a Lopez-Gamboa matchup is really rudey poo though, really really rudey poo

wow_junky

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 17 Mar 2011, 5:05 pm

He's certainly a crook, but then that's pretty much a formality for boxing promoters...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 5:07 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Even if were a fool, why would he care? He's a damned sight more wealthy and successful than any fool I ever met!

I ain't gettin' on no plane....

Joe Calzaghe! Do I win a point?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Mar 2011, 5:33 pm

Mate your thread has a slanderous title..I suggest editing...

If Arum was a crook he'd be in arrested..

Poor stuff..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 18 Mar 2011, 1:32 am

oxring wrote:Hmm. I'm not sure that you can call a man who , more than anyone else, recognised the potential interest for marketing latin american fighters; and amongst other things, resurrected the career of Duran - can be called a "fool".

He's a crook, no 2 ways around that fact. Boxing would be better off without him, and King, and most of the other "men-in-suits" who control the sport. But its better now than when the mafia ruled the sport - so we shouldn't complain.

He is most certainly not a fool.

Come on. Don King? The man has done wonders for fans of boxing. He's brought the greatest fights and his shows were stacked with high calibre fights. He delivered. Boxers who he promoted may have something else to say about him. But that is their problem. As DKP was the best ever. Compare him to GBP. Their cards are useless. Ditto Top R(w)ank.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 18 Mar 2011, 10:23 am

Couple of quotations I posted at the ' Friday Fun ' thread seem to be apt for this discussion.

Tex Cobb's views on King and Arum :

“Don King is one of the great humanitarians of our time. He has risen above that great term prejudice. He has screwed everybody he has ever been around. Hog, dog or frog, it don’t matter to Don. If you got a quarter, he wants the first twenty-six cents.”

“Don King is like everybody else in boxing. He’s a liar, a thief, a murderer and a racketeer. And a con man. But there ain’t anybody as bad as Bob Arum. That New York City Jew lawyer will make you hate city folks, Jews, and lawyers in the same day.”

Don't believe Tex had either of them atop his Christmas card list.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 18 Mar 2011, 12:07 pm

Those quotes are awesome. I remember reading some Cobb quotes on a thread on the old 606-the man's a comic genius.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 18 Mar 2011, 12:35 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Those quotes are awesome. I remember reading some Cobb quotes on a thread on the old 606-the man's a comic genius.

There are a few more from Tex on the ' Friday Fun ' thread, Baltimora.

Funniest guy in boxing, for my money.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearns Fri 18 Mar 2011, 12:54 pm

arum has hooked up with king now as hbo see that they dont have to pay them millions anymore to promote fights Very Happy ,yes he put great cards on back in the day but who can forget his butterbean and mia st john fights everytime oscar fought Whistle hes been fleecing the hispanic viewers for the past 4-5 yrs with his chavez jnr ppv cards and lasgt weeks fight was another 2 fingers up to the fans randy ,time for these dinosaurs to move over ,saying that golden boy betta start putting better undercards on,otherwise the gonna turn a lotta fans off mad

tommyhearns

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 18 Mar 2011, 12:57 pm

Yeah I just had a look. The man doesn't give a funk. Funniest guy in the sport.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down