The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Warren buried in the Boxnation Hole???

+10
tcribb
TopHat24/7
Lance
Steffan
Waingro
ShahenshahG
BoxingFan88
The Galveston Giant
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
TRUSSMAN66
14 posters

Go down

Is Warren buried in the Boxnation Hole??? Empty Is Warren buried in the Boxnation Hole???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 14 Jan 2012, 1:12 pm

Burns v Moses.....Cleverly vs Chump.....No surprise and to be expected.....

Warren if he wants Boxnation to succeed needs to protect his assets even more than he has done in the past.....You see anybody with any sense realises that a fighter needs pr and exposure to succeed....Not only are they unlikely to get on a Boxing channel with limited subscribers!!...(See other sports fans who like Boxing but don't love it won't subscribe)... they will more likely look at Hearn and others who's relationship with top Boxing broadcaster SKy hasn't been damaged...If Warren's has!!

Which gives Warren the present and maybe not the future...Therefore he has to PROTECT the present!!!!

Given that big fights will tend to go to the highest bidder... If SKY/ESPN wishes it can most probably outbid him on foreign imports too.....

Thing is how many Mr ordinary's will be fed to his fighters before the viewer thinks this is chump-change....I mean don't get me wrong I love Boxing but It has to mean something!!!!! (A lot of people feel Cleverly-Froch was a smokescreen to defend Mr ordinary's selection)

Question is...Is Warren buried in the Boxnation hole!!

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 14 Jan 2012, 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistakes)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Is Warren buried in the Boxnation Hole??? Empty Re: Is Warren buried in the Boxnation Hole???

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 14 Jan 2012, 1:46 pm

Aww I love having a good pop at this ridiculous channel. It deserve all the criticism it gets.

People where sucked in on the eve of the ONLY big fight they had (Cotto bs Marg).

They played that in order to make people forget about the dire garbage they had on before.

Enzos big comeback?

Cleverly vs Bellew, this should never have been a world title fight I the first place. It was a domestic dust up grandest a good one.

English title challanges in leisure centres and European Cruiserweight fights? An the joke that was Hopkins vs Dawson.

It isn't worth a fiver let alone a tenner a month.

But in response to your question Truss. I don't see this channel lasting till the end of the year. He needs to be making a profit to pay his fighters, he certainly won't be paying out of his own money. And the longer advertisers see the low numbers, the less they will be willing to pay to use the channel.

But I only see Sky taking his fights back, he still puts on a good show and gets good numbers when it's on the normal sports channel and not PPV.

I think Warren has gone a bit nuts to think this was ever a good idea
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Is Warren buried in the Boxnation Hole??? Empty Re: Is Warren buried in the Boxnation Hole???

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 14 Jan 2012, 1:52 pm

All he's doing is showing fights that were on Sky and Eurosport for a tenner a month. At least January has been worth the tenner though. Laugh
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 14 Jan 2012, 1:58 pm

Haha, your right.

It's like watching TV in the 80's when you switch it on.

A corker was a the start of January, Boxnation posted on Twitter saying there was a major announcement to come in the next few days.......wait for it.....the MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT......

Cleverly to fight some binman ranked 89th in the world!!!!!

What a guy Mr Warren is. Giving us superfights of this magnitude
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 14 Jan 2012, 2:07 pm

Still like a good seller (which he is)...he dished out some good bait for the fishes before the channel was encrypted..

Myself being a a great white of abnormally high intelligence decided to feast on seals instead!!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 14 Jan 2012, 2:17 pm

Box nation isn't as bad as you make out, We have the German card tonight and Cunningham vs Hernandez rematch in Feb. A lot of the international fights get added the week they happen.

Not to mention there isn't any fights worth screaming about at the moment either.

Hopefully we get ramos Rigondeaux as well.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 14 Jan 2012, 2:20 pm

"We get"

Are you declaring an interest??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 14 Jan 2012, 2:20 pm

I am a subscriber... So yes?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 14 Jan 2012, 2:28 pm

ok..your interest is as a subscriber that's all I was interested in..

cheers..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 14 Jan 2012, 2:45 pm

Not a subscriber - but I reckon Warren can make it work somehow at least in the short term - in the long term probably not but he can make mud look like gold as you've seen over the past few years. Its a little bit amateurish the channel - so I don't think he's invested too much in it - plus any upshot in the popularity of boxing and sky will be on it like waingro on a burglar, they don't really care about Warren either way - pure basic profit, the relationship crap is for people who hold grudges and therefore mostly people who don't succeed.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 14 Jan 2012, 2:55 pm

Doubt that sufficient subscribers will sign up Shah...but you make good points..

Like the waingro on a burgler analogy though...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sat 14 Jan 2012, 3:46 pm

I think the channell will go bust boxing should not be ppv it is one of the big problems and reason why boxing is dying. I did not pay for this channell not sure how many people are interested in it tbh the fights they show should be for free.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 14 Jan 2012, 5:04 pm

Waingro wrote:I think the channell will go bust boxing should not be ppv it is one of the big problems and reason why boxing is dying. I did not pay for this channell not sure how many people are interested in it tbh the fights they show should be for free.

Thats what I like about you Waingro you tell it how it is and dont hold back Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 14 Jan 2012, 6:36 pm

warren has always protected his fighters too much. hes like a greedy kid with his toys. the undercards are frustratingly one sided fights where warrens boys fight journeymen and the commentators lap it up. the best fights are when two of his guys fight each other or a late night international fight, but i dont think it is enough to survive, not when they still have to compete against sky aswell as making their subscribers go through other companies to watch them.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 14 Jan 2012, 6:41 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Box nation isn't as bad as you make out, We have the German card tonight and Cunningham vs Hernandez rematch in Feb. A lot of the international fights get added the week they happen.

Not to mention there isn't any fights worth screaming about at the moment either.

Hopefully we get ramos Rigondeaux as well.

Is the coverage quality still like US local cable TV?? It was like it was shot with a handheld camcorder pre-subscription!

And Cunningham-Hernandez wouldn't be worth £10 even if it was on a Manny or PBF undercard.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 14 Jan 2012, 11:28 pm

This channel is a ripoff now Sky have dropped the PPV

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Sun 15 Jan 2012, 9:34 am

Steffan wrote:This channel is a ripoff now Sky have dropped the PPV

Tell me how much Sky charge again ??

Really worth it for the likes of Brook v Hatton ! If that was Warren making that he'd have been shot

Channel does a decent job, if it wasnt associated with Warren, Im sure many wouldn't have so much hostiliaty towards it.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 15 Jan 2012, 10:43 am

tcribb wrote:

Really worth it for the likes of Brook v Hatton ! If that was Warren making that he'd have been shot

Channel does a decent job, if it wasnt associated with Warren, Im sure many wouldn't have so much hostiliaty towards it.

Live premier league football, live rugby league, live rugby union, live test cricket amongst a host of other elite sporting events, that's why it costs me.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Sun 15 Jan 2012, 10:47 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
tcribb wrote:

Live premier league football, live rugby league, live rugby union, live test cricket amongst a host of other elite sporting events, that's why it costs me.

Im talking about boxing mate, you're paying other sports thats fine. However box nation shows boxing, Im not sure where else you're going to catch the fights unless youre a subscriber, easy to say Hopkins v Dawson was a joke, the fight was but box nation didn't know that and the undercard was terrific Linares v De Marco.

tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 15 Jan 2012, 10:52 am

That's true but £120 a year for a few good fights doesn't sound like good value to me, for me personally they don't show any fighters I have an interest in. Burns, Mitchell and Cleverly aren't the kind of fighters I would pay to see whereas I could get Khan and Froch included in my skysports subscription.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Sun 15 Jan 2012, 10:55 am

Well fair enough mate, If Sky were showing the fights box nation are I would still be a subscriber.

We've seen Donaire, Cotto, Hopkins, plenty of other fights we haven't seen in the UK, don't really agree with the general concept of the channel but im too old to be stubborn now and I enjoy the boxing, tenner month Ive over the month with the saving from Sky.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 15 Jan 2012, 10:58 am

That is also another problem I have with the channel, I used to be able to watch Cotto and Hopkins on skysports but no longer, in an attempt to create something for boxing fans it's doing the opposite taking boxing away from us much like primetime.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Sun 15 Jan 2012, 11:03 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:That is also another problem I have with the channel, I used to be able to watch Cotto and Hopkins on skysports but no longer, in an attempt to create something for boxing fans it's doing the opposite taking boxing away from us much like primetime.

Ghosty I used to watch Tyson, Hearns, Duran on ITV until those were taking over by a subscription channel (SKY, Eurosport and Screensport at the time) in those days they seemed to get all the rights for the fight, so it wasn't a problem, however SKY have totally lost interest in boxing, cant even show a Pacquiao or Mayweather fight, seems they've blown there budget on F1.

I think Warren and the producers at Boxnation, need to show a sign of intent and get the rights to the next Mayweather/Pacquiao (fight/fights)
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 15 Jan 2012, 11:08 am

I'm a bit young to remember Duran, Hearns and Tyson but do remember Eubank and Benn on ITV, before I knew it though any top british fighter was on skysports, unfortunately for us there's no money in fighting on terrestrial tv any more.

In the uk I would say that the channel that shows Froch, Khan, Mayweather and Pacquiao is the one the fans will want to see, no disrespect to Mitchell, Burns or Cleverly but they don't have that level of appeal especially with their current opposition.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Sun 15 Jan 2012, 11:12 am

I agree if Boxnation stick to the domestic Warren fighters I'll be unsubscribing, Im just hoping there continue with the oversea fights and hope the Donaire v Vazquez fight is on there radar.

In an ideal world Sky would show all the fights they used to and everyone would be happy, however the coverage over the last few years has been shocking.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 15 Jan 2012, 11:15 am

Perhaps boxnation should offer a match of the day type thing for boxing to ITV? would keep our interest up - will be easier to follow the domestic scene and will improve their own subscriptions.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Sun 15 Jan 2012, 11:20 am

Sounds like a great idea Shah, even an hour a fortnight would help and get exposure to more fighters.

Boxnation isn't ideal, but its showing 95% of boxing on our screens these days, unfortunately seems its always us as fans who seem to be hit in the pocket.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Sun 15 Jan 2012, 11:48 am

tcribb wrote:Sounds like a great idea Shah, even an hour a fortnight would help and get exposure to more fighters.

Boxnation isn't ideal, but its showing 95% of boxing on our screens these days, unfortunately seems its always us as fans who seem to be hit in the pocket.

Plenty of internet websites where you can watch the figh for free and it is perfect qualty.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 15 Jan 2012, 12:08 pm

lovely_london wrote:
tcribb wrote:Sounds like a great idea Shah, even an hour a fortnight would help and get exposure to more fighters.

Plenty of internet websites where you can watch the figh for free and it is perfect qualty.

They're decent quality but a bit hit and miss

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 15 Jan 2012, 9:21 pm

As a subscriber of BoxNation I would like to see as many good fights as possible, there haven't been an awful lot as of yet since encryption. But hoping for it to really start picking up soon.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 15 Jan 2012, 10:36 pm

I'm quite happy to pay a tenner a month for boxnation regardless of what Warren does with his fighters. They are showing plenty of shows that Sky wouldn't bother to.

I don't think Warren has dug a hole for himself either. Sky aren't putting the sort of money into the sport that they used to and have scrapped PPV so the cash on offer isn't great from them either. If British fighters want to earn good money they are going to need to start going on the road.

SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down