The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petition to get Cardiff Blues back home to The Arms Park

+11
justified sinner
gowales
Divlar
Smirnoffpriest
PenfroPete
dogtooth
XR
maestegmafia
red_stag
Jimmy Moz
Cardiff Dave
15 posters

Go down

Petition to get Cardiff Blues back home to The Arms Park Empty Petition to get Cardiff Blues back home to The Arms Park

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 09 Jan 2012, 8:31 pm

You know it makes sense whatever nationality you are or whichever team you support.
It's even been signed by a Newport fan and a Pontypridd fan. Good on them I say.
Will it make a difference? Probably not, but one has to try.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/backtocap/

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Petition to get Cardiff Blues back home to The Arms Park Empty Re: Petition to get Cardiff Blues back home to The Arms Park

Post by Jimmy Moz Mon 09 Jan 2012, 9:46 pm

Have to agree that rugby should be played at smaller stadiums with more character and I am very pro-terracing but will not sign this petition when you know you will be supporting people who hold certain views and post idiotic comments like this:

"Cancelled my season ticket of many years when the move happened and, although I've been to a few games at CCS (none 2011-12), it always leaves me numb. This once glorious rugby CLUB has been shamefully turned into a mere rugby TEAM"

At least you Cardiff fans still have a TEAM at the top flight. Get me a petiton though to 'shut up whiny self-serving Cardiff fans' and I will happily sign it OK

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Petition to get Cardiff Blues back home to The Arms Park Empty Re: Petition to get Cardiff Blues back home to The Arms Park

Post by red_stag Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:05 pm

Oh for the love of God.

Just go to the CCS!!
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:09 pm

Jimmy Moz wrote:Have to agree that rugby should be played at smaller stadiums with more character and I am very pro-terracing

Agreed and I understand why you have strong views.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:10 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Jimmy Moz wrote:Have to agree that rugby should be played at smaller stadiums with more character and I am very pro-terracing

You two will get on great...!

We should have a petition to see if we can get you to meet up

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:22 pm

red_stag wrote:Oh for the love of God.

Just go to the CCS!!

That's the point though red stag, people aren't going. Well not enough anyway and it's not attracting the new support which was hoped for. Combine this with the excessive costs to play there and it makes no sense at all to stay at CCS.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:25 pm

maestegmafia wrote:

Get a grip mate. I hate Cardiff rugby and their stuckup, self-serving, superiority complex, prawn sandwich munching fans.

It still doesn't change the fact that CCS is rubbish for watching rugby at. I had free tickets for Cardiff v Ospreys a year ago. More atmosphere and banter watching my local seconds team. Cardiff fans are to blame a bit. Breaking into the repetitive "Kairdiff" chant now and again is all they are capable of. Just reading that petiton makes you realise why everyone hates them. Hence I will not sign it.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:30 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I bet you we would too. I've never had any problems with Ponty fans before as I understand why they are tanked off with it all and never expected in a million years that Jimmy would sign the petition. I get more annoyed at so called Blues fans telling Ponty fans who they should support.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:35 pm

Jimmy Moz wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Get a grip mate. I hate Cardiff rugby and their stuckup, self-serving, superiority complex, prawn sandwich munching fans.

It still doesn't change the fact that CCS is rubbish for watching rugby at. I had free tickets for Cardiff v Ospreys a year ago. More atmosphere and banter watching my local seconds team. Cardiff fans are to blame a bit. Breaking into the repetitive "Kairdiff" chant now and again is all they are capable of. Just reading that petiton makes you realise why everyone hates them. Hence I will not sign it.

Agree with you about CCS Jimmy, but do you hate me as well?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:39 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Agree with you about CCS Jimmy, but do you hate me as well?

No because you look at the bigger picture rather than "It's all about Cardiff. Best club ever bla bla" OK

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:18 am

I always wondered why the boyos do the whole 'Kairdiff' thing. I know you're trying to poke at the accent but it would still start with a C, wouldn't it? Or is it a silent K? Am i right or wo butt?

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Tue 10 Jan 2012, 12:56 pm

no one takes any notice of an e-petition. dont bother signing any of them.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 10 Jan 2012, 1:30 pm

Kairdip
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Tue 10 Jan 2012, 3:52 pm

gcBlues wrote:I always wondered why the boyos do the whole 'Kairdiff' thing. I know you're trying to poke at the accent but it would still start with a C, wouldn't it? Or is it a silent K? Am i right or wo butt?

Not sure on that one. Im not a Valley boy though (boyo) and neither a Cardiff boy (Welsh cockney)

People by me neither say "Oh butt ew alwite or wha butt" or "Oya pal oy avnt seen you for a woyl loyk pal around Caiiirrrdiff loyk"

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 10 Jan 2012, 5:25 pm

I live in Cardiff and the way a lot of people I know pronounce Cardiff definately makes it sound like it starts with a K, especially when they chant it.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Divlar Tue 10 Jan 2012, 7:24 pm

The atmosphere at CCS is awful, it's non existant. I bet the players hate playing there. They have got to get back to CAP or the Blues will die. Also, if City make it to the Premiership would they want a rugby team churning up the pitch ?!

Divlar

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 10 Jan 2012, 8:06 pm

I thought they were planning on demolishing the Arms and expanding the Millenium to full capacity.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Tue 10 Jan 2012, 8:47 pm

Just go to the games rather than whingeing.

There's a large segment of the Edinburgh support (well relatively given our small support) who spend all their time whingeing about Murrayfield and it's really starting to annoy me.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:20 pm

Jimmy Moz wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Agree with you about CCS Jimmy, but do you hate me as well?

No because you look at the bigger picture rather than "It's all about Cardiff. Best club ever bla bla" OK

Good to know Jimmy and i've signed your petition by the way.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 11 Jan 2012, 11:53 am

dogtooth wrote:no one takes any notice of an e-petition. dont bother signing any of them.

You're right, but at least this one seems to have helped fuel debate which can only be a good thing.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 11 Jan 2012, 1:56 pm

Doesn't like it will happen anytime soon - BBC STORY
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 11 Jan 2012, 3:04 pm

PenfroPete wrote:Doesn't like it will happen anytime soon - BBC STORY

The usual from a Cardiff Blues chief exec. Not sure, but my opinion is that Norster left because he couldn't do this stuff anymore.

"It's very accessible. We go to great lengths or have gone to great lengths to try and make it easier by providing free shuttles [buses] to and from Cardiff."
"It's a fantastic product. The stadium's absolutely brilliant…"

If he believes that the product is so fantastic and the stadium is absolutely brilliant and very accessible then why aren't people buying into it? Doesn't make sense, so is his plan to make the product more fantastic and make the stadium more brilliant and more accessible?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 3:25 pm

To be fair the stadium is very accessible and the shuttle buses are great (also if you live around the Bridgend/Barry direction there's a Greyhound that goes all the way to Swansea (not sure when last one is though) and there's the 96 that goes to Barry/Llandough and both stop just outside the stadium.

I must admit that the product on the pitch and atmosphere are poor though

Maybe they should change the kit to blue and black stripes and the fans will flock back...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Wed 11 Jan 2012, 5:37 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Good to know Jimmy and i've signed your petition by the way.

Nice one Dave. Lets see what comes of it now the economic evaluaters on board. Im good friends with one of them so should hopefully get some inside knowledge Wink

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 11 Jan 2012, 9:17 pm

Jimmy Moz wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Good to know Jimmy and i've signed your petition by the way.

Nice one Dave. Lets see what comes of it now the economic evaluaters on board. Im good friends with one of them so should hopefully get some inside knowledge Wink

No worries Jimmy and I think we both agree that something needs to change.
Don't forget, be a sport and sign the CAP petition and add a comment with a bit of umff to it. Be as creative as you like, but most of all be passionate.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed 11 Jan 2012, 11:42 pm

I'd sign to any petition for any side/club to play in a stadium that fits it audience.

Quite honestly there may have to be frequent moves, but a mostly-full ground is more conducive to the experience than anywhere that you get knots of fans clustered in concrete palaces that are far too big.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 12 Jan 2012, 12:29 am

Portnoy wrote:I'd sign to any petition for any side/club to play in a stadium that fits it audience.

Quite honestly there may have to be frequent moves, but a mostly-full ground is more conducive to the experience than anywhere that you get knots of fans clustered in concrete palaces that are far too big.

Put it this way Portnoy, and I presume you are a Leicester supporter, if Cardiff had a proper management set up who really cared about the club during the last say 10 years or so, Cardiff would be kicking arse big time by now and with plenty to spare. A Toulouse type Welsh side if you like and it should've/ could've happened many years ago.
A return to CAP? It means much more than that.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Thu 12 Jan 2012, 1:06 am

just to stir the pot a bit for those of you who agree the CCS is lacking in atmosphere but want to change that by remaining there see this twitter page...

https://twitter.com/#!/Project_112

apparently started up by some blues fans who wanted to recreate the atmosphere they experienced in the amlin cup final week in week out in a particular section of the ccs, interesting to note that its been running a day and has been retweeted by the majority of the blues squad on twitter and has 104 followers...

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 12 Jan 2012, 1:54 am

Cardiff players would prefer to play at Cardiff Arms Park.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 12 Jan 2012, 9:54 am

GavinDragon wrote:just to stir the pot a bit for those of you who agree the CCS is lacking in atmosphere but want to change that by remaining there see this twitter page...

https://twitter.com/#!/Project_112

apparently started up by some blues fans who wanted to recreate the atmosphere they experienced in the amlin cup final week in week out in a particular section of the ccs, interesting to note that its been running a day and has been retweeted by the majority of the blues squad on twitter and has 104 followers...

I was at the Amlin final and can't say I was overwhelmed by the atmosphere*, so if the atmosphere at Blues matches is noticeably poorer ... Shocked

*Admittedly anything would struggle to compare with the HEC final the following night, and the IRB 7s at Twickenham on the Sunday (I had a rather busy rugby weekend). But CCS was only 1/3 full for the Amlin.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:10 am

Not last years, the one in Marseille when we won it Laugh king

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:13 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Portnoy wrote:I'd sign to any petition for any side/club to play in a stadium that fits it audience.

Put it this way Portnoy, and I presume you are a Leicester supporter, if Cardiff had a proper management set up who really cared about the club during the last say 10 years or so, Cardiff would be kicking arse big time by now and with plenty to spare. A Toulouse type Welsh side if you like and it should've/ could've happened many years ago.
A return to CAP? It means much more than that.

I agree. If pressed, despite some national success (which may have happened anyway given that the players were there), I'd doubt that the Regional model has done Welsh domestic rugby any favours.

Look at the attendances in the Jeff and how they've grown over the past fifteen years.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:27 am

If you're pointing in the right direction then keep on walking. Very Happy

Cardiff need to move forward, going back wouldn't be a good move.

KAAAAARRRRRDDDIIFFF....
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 12 Jan 2012, 12:34 pm

That Twitter campaign is interesting but doesn't give many details apart from asking Blues fans to come up with chants - which is very much needed but is only a very small initiative

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Thu 12 Jan 2012, 1:07 pm

very true im not particularly bothered either way being a dragons fan ;-) just thought id conrtibute.....you dont you tweet the guy saying so?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sat 14 Jan 2012, 12:31 pm

Seems like you're forgetting about this Cardiff Dave
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2011/02/23/wru-made-10m-bid-for-cardiff-arms-park-91466-28220384/
The WRU and Blues made a 10m bid for the arms park but the Cardiff Athletic Club, the owners declined it.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 15 Jan 2012, 12:11 am

gowales wrote:Seems like you're forgetting about this Cardiff Dave
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2011/02/23/wru-made-10m-bid-for-cardiff-arms-park-91466-28220384/
The WRU and Blues made a 10m bid for the arms park but the Cardiff Athletic Club, the owners declined it.

Seen it and knew about it before the press heard about it. We all laughed actually.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sun 15 Jan 2012, 12:20 am

What do the WRU want to do with it then if they owned it? I can imagine knocking it down and that and using it for hospitality or a hotel but what about Cardiff RFC?

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 15 Jan 2012, 7:34 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
gowales wrote:Seems like you're forgetting about this Cardiff Dave

Seen it and knew about it before the press heard about it. We all laughed actually.

So what are you trying to achieve with this petition?

Last edited by gowales on Sun 15 Jan 2012, 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 15 Jan 2012, 7:35 am

Jimmy Moz wrote:What do the WRU want to do with it then if they owned it? I can imagine knocking it down and that and using it for hospitality or a hotel but what about Cardiff RFC?

The WRU want to expand the Millennium Stadium to fill Glanmor's Gap which is currently connected to the Cardiff Arms Park. It would make the stadium an 80,000 + seater and would look much nicer Very Happy.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down