The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closed betting Accounts?

5 posters

Go down

Closed betting Accounts? Empty Closed betting Accounts?

Post by Kingshu Mon 02 Jan 2012, 2:54 pm

I read a alot that bookies don't like thieving bets like E/W doubles, betting on 2nd fav each way in a 8 horse race when the Fav is Odds on etc etc.

From reading up and on forums many people say that it doesn't take long for you to be using these sorts of bets and making profit before the bookie closes your account.

I was wondering is there any truth that bookies close your accounts, or is it more people pretenting they had an account closed, so the can boast?

If they do close them for thieving bets, how long does it take to to close it, and can you just reopen a new one with different bank details and start again?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Closed betting Accounts? Empty Re: Closed betting Accounts?

Post by sportform Mon 02 Jan 2012, 6:47 pm

Victor Chandler closed my account but for a slightly different reason.

I kept winning free bets on the RacingUK website for which you needed a Victor Chandler account. I must had won and withdrew over £200 from those free bets without depositing any money.

Victor Chandler obviously didn't like this and close my account for 'business reasons'.

I have never heard of an account being close for making a profit and no system is likely to be profitable over the long run anyway.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat 07 Jan 2012, 10:10 am

I was "barred" from my local betting shop(Gus Carter) for a month for winning.Cant remember the exact date but it was the day England played Scotland in the 91 RWC semi final and we'd planned a real old fashioned punt on one of ours,the horse was called FALCON FLIGHT,trained by John Mackie and ridden by Dai Tegg.He was fairly useful but fragile with it so you had to strike when he was right,he ran some decent races on the level that Summer before he was put away and the race was hand picked,an absolute scrubbers selling hurdle at Worcester,on a day when most peoples sporting interests would be elsewhere.We all agreed to stay away from the track,it would be a weak market and would only take a few lumpy bets before the alarm bells would start ringing.He was cherry ripe,we got told that it was only a fall that could beat him.He opened at 15/2(i thought hed be 3/1 at best),a £3000-400 was placed and i walked out.I ran the 100 yds or so down Parliament Road to the local Ladbrokes,i had the same bet in there only by now he was 7s,left immediately and went back to Carters.As i walked back into the shop the betting for Newburys St Simon stakes was just coming through,Further Flight(remember him?) was running and he was also 7/1,i just couldnt reist and i had a £50 double on them both.Further Flight pulled out all the stops and won ,our fella Falcon Flight hosed up by 8l on the bridle.Cue seens of unbridled joy! £6000 later i was told "enjoy that son because your money is no good in here for a month,i cant afford you with winners like that".Laddies paid out without so much as a murmur.
Falcon Flight won again at Ludlow for us but got claimed for about £5500 by Rod Simpson,he won a ladies Hcap but then disappeared,think his fragile old legs must have finally given out.Always hold a special place for him in my racing memories,he was a cracking little horse in the right grade and he did it on the day he was supposed to.
I never ever went back to Gus Carters,i was a regular before my decent win,he didnt want to bar me when i was backing £200 losers did he,so when my month was up i went back and told the manager what i thought of them.
Modern day accounts getting closed is rare,the exchanges seem to allow bookies to lay off and cover their losses.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Reebok Rules Tue 17 Jan 2012, 11:55 am

Nice story Racingnut <ok>

Victor Chandler closed my account about 4 years ago. But not for winning.

There was nothing in the account after my last losing bet, and I didn't bother logging for a few weeks. When I DID try to login and have a bet, I couldn't. I rang them to see what the problem was and was told the account had been closed because they'd had a "bounce back". When I asked for explanations it seems that periodically - to ensure that the bank account you registered still has money in it, they withdraw a penny (1p) from the account. And because mine had gone overdrawn for maybe the second time ever, the penny was refused. They said it was their normal practice to close accounts where there had been a bounce back FOR LIFE. It made no difference that I didn't owe them money, or that I'd even tried to bet, without money in the account .... banned it was.

Until 2 weeks ago when I opened an account with them and they seem to have forgotten about the ban!

Reebok Rules

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Tue 17 Jan 2012, 8:28 pm

Ive never had an online account so i'll take your word for it,although it does seem a bit harsh to ban for life for the sake of a penny.Call me old fashoined but i still think that going to the races and backing with an on course bookie is the best way to do it,theres nothing like the feel of "won money" being counted out into you hand. Drool

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 17 Feb 2012, 12:19 pm

They wouldn't close your account, they would just mark you up and offer a max bet of about £25 everytime you tried backing sly EW 2nd favs.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down