The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Demise of the WWE

4 posters

Go down

The Demise of the WWE Empty The Demise of the WWE

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 11 Mar - 9:01

Over the last few weeks we've all watched the RAW and Smackdown shows in anticipation of one them actually being good. But lets all face it, we've been let down. What has happened to the WWE to become so poor over recent months.. even years?

As posted by someone else, this past weeks RAW seen just over an hour of in ring action. Does this make the program more or less an entertainment show and no longer about the wrestling? Due to this I've found myself watching TNA and ROH more purely on the fact that they give me wrestling to enjoy and watch. Even when we are given matches on WWE, are they of good quality? A few, the likes of John Morrison, CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler are the ones that give us a match to enjoy but so many fall well below the waste line.

My question is, what do you see in the future of the WWE?

Do we see it's quality continue to fall?

Are you really looking forward to Wrestlemania?

Who are the guys that are capable of lifting the company out of this hole? The stars of the future?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

The Demise of the WWE Empty Re: The Demise of the WWE

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 11 Mar - 10:44

RAW hasn't been about wrestling in years. It's a soap opera with the occasional match thrown in to ensure the 'hardcore' fans don't switch off, but the way WWE operate they assume those fans will be around no matter what.

I'm looking forward to Wrestlemania mostly just because it's Wrestlemania, it's almost pre-programmed into my psyche! I don't think it'll be the greatest Wrestlemania in history (although the commentators will of course harp on that it was) but I think there's enough there to appeal to almost everybody.

I honestly don't know what the future holds for the WWE. With Triple H & Stephanie being positioned to take over the company from Vince it's tough to say how things will pan out. Will HHH place more emphasis on wrestling? Will he only push his friends or guys who kiss his ass? Will he take nothing to do with the creative side of things & leave it all to Steph? Or will things just carry on as they are? I genuinely don't have a clue.

Stars for the future: CM Punk (just let him loose dammit!), Alberto Del Rio, Sin Cara, Bryan Danielson. Well that's the guys who could & should be positioned as main stars. But knowing WWE the main stars of the future will be John Cena, Randy Orton, Mason Ryan, Skip Sheffield and any other muscle bound freak they can get their hands on.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 11 Mar - 10:54

The fact that in interviews now they are not even to be called 'wrestlers' and instead are to be referred to as 'superstars' whilst 'fans' are the 'WWE Universe' says it all.
Vince wants clear cut whiter than white faces from a panto world that defeat the evil bad guy at Mania so the kids go home happy. The nickname of 'Superman' Cena actually sums up what Vince is wanting to do.
Wrestling though will continue to take a back foot.

The problem we have is that we want wrestling yet organisations like ROH aren't mainstream, as soon as anyone builds up a rep there then WWE come in and offer them contracts which anyone in the right mind would do, so the likes of Punk, Danielson, Black etc then become diluted by the WWE machine.
We want to watch these guys show their true skills yet the best platform for them to do so isn't the one that everyone ends up heading to to make it in the industry.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 11 Mar - 14:13

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:RAW hasn't been about wrestling in years. It's a soap opera with the occasional match thrown in to ensure the 'hardcore' fans don't switch off, but the way WWE operate they assume those fans will be around no matter what.

I'm a huge fan of the ROH style, the philosophy of the company and the quality of the wrestling but it takes an extraordinary toll on the wrestlers' bodies. ROH don't wrestle weekly and have a much reduced schedule than the WWE. The bumps that these wrestlers take is extraordinary and I wouldn't be surprised if they live on prescription painkillers. WWE arguably couldn't be more physical than it is and still maintain its touring and TV schedule. This is the darker side of the reality of professional wrestling - unlike MMA fighters in the top organisations such as the UFC or pro boxers who only fight 2-3 times a year WWE wrestlers perform every week. These fighters have sufficient time to condition their bodies and then recuperate afterwards. The physical sacrifices these wrestlers make is incredible. I remember reading an interview with Tyler Black just before he left ROH about his reasons for joining WWE and he stated, even though he's only 23 or something that his body was starting to feel the effects of the ROH style. I'm amazed guys like Roderick Strong, Davey Richards and the Briscoe Brothers have stayed in ROH for so long. I would love there to be more freedom in WWE and for a much greater variety apart from the token luchador, especially from the Oriental styles but certain restrictions need to apply in order to wrestle all year round.

I don't think WWE is in decline I think you have to be realistic but I do think greater effort should be put into PPV matches, especially the big 4. There should be wow moments that stay with you for a long time at every major PPV but unfortunately so many of them have been forgettable.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 11 Mar - 15:46

Couldn't agree more talkingpoint.

It's sometimes easy to forget the physical punishment that wrestlers have to endure. Even a 5 minute RAW bout will take a toll, let alone someone working the style that the Briscoes do or the Japanese 'strong' style.

WWE is right in a sense to take guys like CM Punk, Bryan Danielson and now probably Tyler Black (haven't seen him in FCW) and 'teach them the WWE style' as long as it allows them to retain some of their individuality. In the cases of Punk and Danielson I think they have managed to do that, and I'm sure part of the reason they have both managed to get over is because they stand out from the cookie cutter wrestlers that WWE 'produce' in FCW. Who's more over - Punk or Drew Mcintyre? Who's more over - Danielson or Ted Dibiase? The beauty of Punk & Danielson is you can't really picture anyone else playing their roles, whereas all the WWE creations are interchangeable.

With that being said though, when we hear of someone being sent to FCW or OVW previously to learn the WWE style, we invariably react with negativity and accuse the WWE of trying to beat any unique qualities these wrestlers may have out of them. Thinking about it now though, a big part of doing it is probably to train these guys to not go balls out every night and to learn to pace themselves.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down