The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The transition from cast cavity-backs to forged blades

4 posters

Go down

The transition from cast cavity-backs to forged blades Empty The transition from cast cavity-backs to forged blades

Post by Mercurio Mon 31 Oct 2011, 2:57 pm

I was swapping over golf-bags at the weekend and picked up some irons from my previous set (Callaway X16s). When I bought the forged set, 18 months ago, I remember thinking, “Blimey, these have really small/thin heads, I’m not sure I’m good enough to be able to hit a ball with these”. After picking up the X16s at the weekend, I was thinking, “Blimey, these are huge – how could I ever hit a ball with these!”.

Chalk and cheese.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

The transition from cast cavity-backs to forged blades Empty Re: The transition from cast cavity-backs to forged blades

Post by drive4show Mon 31 Oct 2011, 3:17 pm

Merc

I'm in the same boat, I currently have a set of Mizuno MP60's and a set of Callaway x14 pro series. Love the MP60's but been using the x14's recently as I'm working on some changes and my ball striking has been pitiful until I get used to what I'm working on.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

The transition from cast cavity-backs to forged blades Empty Re: The transition from cast cavity-backs to forged blades

Post by Marcus Mon 31 Oct 2011, 3:48 pm

I've only ever changed from forged to cast once... I learnt to play golf with a set of Wilson forged blades, then When I was about 17/18 I decided to move from playing Mizuno TP-9s to a set of Titleist DCI 962s. That experiment lasted about 3 weeks!

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 31 Oct 2011, 4:01 pm

I have never got used to the larger heads; give me small anyday. TBH, a mishit is a mishit is a mishit; I don't see much merit in (maybe) fooling myself with a GI head that I'm actually hitting it OK.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon 31 Oct 2011, 4:01 pm

drive4show wrote:Merc

I'm in the same boat, I currently have a set of Mizuno MP60's and a set of Callaway x14 pro series. Love the MP60's but been using the x14's recently as I'm working on some changes and my ball striking has been pitiful until I get used to what I'm working on.

I haven't switched back to c-b, D4S. I just picked one up as I was swapping golf-bags. I don't think I'll go back to c-bs before I'm 70.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down