The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestling Figures

+15
crippledtart
westisbest
Kenny
Mr H
Kay Fabe
liverbnz
Lex-Express
bretmeharty
Brady12
Marky
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
TwisT
JamesLincs
Stonee21
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
19 posters

Go down

Wrestling Figures Empty Wrestling Figures

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Sun 30 Oct 2011, 7:07 pm

Just saw an advert for a wwe flexfigures and it just got me thinking about when I was younger and was obsessed with collecting them...so just thought it would be good to find out if anyone else was the same? Did you prefer the old school WWF hasbro figures to the Jakks figures? Who was your main guy? and anything else you want to mention...

I remember I had Earthquake as champion for a good year and a half until my wrestling ring broke Crying or Very sad

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Figures Empty Re: Wrestling Figures

Post by Stonee21 Sun 30 Oct 2011, 8:26 pm

I was a child of the 90's so I constantly had an invasion storyline.

I had the nWo wrestling ring set so I could play their music as I moved Nash, Hogan and Hall to the ring Laugh and I would always have them feuding with my DX figures in Chyna, HHH and HBK. I had loads at my peak with around 30 wwf guys and around 25 wcw wrestlers.

I think Shawn was my most decorated champion across the board and was my longest reigning wwf champion, DDP was my longest reigning wcw champion and Goldberg was my first Unidisputed champion Laugh

Ahhh I was a sad sad child Laugh

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sun 30 Oct 2011, 8:38 pm

haha i dont remember much tbh. i just remember it used to be carnage, my makeshift lego announce table would be used every show. rock was the main man. id also use some figures as other wrestlers that i didnt own, ministry undertaker as rhyno, i think i used farooq as d-von. i will be buying a cm punk one when it comes out. dont like the modern day ones though, they dont look realistic, prefered the barbie looking ones, i mean like the rubber ones.

oh, and kanes head fell off

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:01 am

I used to love them. We are talking early 90's here. I had Hulk Hogan, Big Boss Man, Undertaker, Mountie, Nasty Boys, Bushwackers, Sgt Slaughter, Tatanka.....erm I am sure more will come to me during the day now that I am thinking about it.

They had these weird moves. Tantanka twised 360 and you could have his arms out to do a tornado punch. Bushwackers has their madcap arms moving up and down move.

Great fun. I remember going to Woolworths to pick up Pick'a'mix and a new wrestler because they had loads.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:08 am

I'm the same as Twist - early 90's trips to upstairs in Tesco's to pick my new wrestler from the vast selection.

My favourite was Doink the Clown because he actually had fluffy hair, which I just thought was amazing at the time. But my champion was always Bret Hart. I had no-one worthy of beating him Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:16 am

Hahaha yeah I had Doink as well. Red painted jacket with blue trousers. And that green hair Very Happy I never had Hart....how could I have missed him?!

Jeeez, this is a blast from the past. I had 20+, but I am struggling to remember them all. The boss man was my first one, but he looked naff. He was smaller than the others apart from a massive girth, and his legs were together. So he could not walk to my ring....just jumped. He did come with a nightstick though which I thought was cool.

Did anyone have Red and Yellow Hulk Hogan? He had one hand on his hip, and his other arm twisted round. You was supposed to put a wrestlers head in the gap made by his first arm, twist the second around, and he fell back to do a DDT type move. It was naff.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:24 am

Haha - I remember Bossman, he was supposedly able to jump off the turnbuckle. And I had Bear Hug Hogan - who always managed to win Royal Rumbles because he could hook onto the ropes during the melee Laugh

My Royal Rumbles were genuinely random - just chuck them all in (I had about 20 too - including the Steiners from the WCW range - that were just solid blocks of plastic, no manouvrebility at all Laugh) and push and shove them manically until one remains. Brilliant!

Legion of Doom were my other favourites - mainly because I had to save up extra long to afford their twin pack, so it was twice as sweet when I got them!

My first was Akheem. Is still don't even know who Akheem is Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:37 am

Akheem was One Man Gang in the 80's. You should look at some of his matches on YouTube. His finisher was a forward suplex.

I had Legion of Doom but Hawk got lost somewhere. I think my sister nabbed him. I used to do tag matches, but the guys on the outside never used to stand properly so they kind of rested against the ropes.

I had Piper with his kilt, and hot rod T shirt. I had Savage as well I think. Pretty sure I also had the Texas Tornado. I used to keep the boxes they came in because they had their bios on the back. I didn't know much about wrestling at the time, so that's how I learnt more about them. I got the figures because they looked cool, rather than being a werstling fan first.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:39 am

xTwisTx wrote:
I had Legion of Doom but Hawk got lost somewhere. I think my sister nabbed him

Hawk obviously left Legion of Doom to become Ken's bad-boy rival for Barbie's love

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:42 am

I may get my 1 year old daughter some wrestling figures soon, and if i'm lucky she might need help from her father in playing with them...

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:48 am

Wonder if it is worth looking on Ebay for them? I mean some of those figures that I have got are 20 years old now. Unopened in their original box, they could be worth something. Maybe I should collect them now, and leave them to my children in my will when I am dead in 60 odd years time.

"Dad didn't leave you in any money. He left you 50 wrestling figures in mint condition"

"What's wrestling...........?"

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:17 am

Started collecting in 91, the ones I had all came with a special move

I remember Demolition Smash was my 1st from Woolworths.... He had a basic punch were you just wound his arm back.

I had the Gorilla Press Hogan with the Hulk Rules T-Shirt... Jake Roberts came with Snake which I lost & I think Honky came with guitar. Mr Perfect did a back flip which was meant to be a Perfect Plex.... I had loads Macho King complete with crown. Ted Dibaise in his green Million Dollar suit. The Ric Flair figure was really naf Red Trunks & his move was a headlock punch combi....

Ultimate Warrior flying shoulder tackle move where you press in the back was class.

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 31 Oct 2011, 12:37 pm

This is really taking me back as well,

I had Jake the snake, his arm you could pull back and it would spring forward and punch, I had Warrior and Hogan in the press slam motion, I had Big boss, Koko Beware with the bird his legs were also joined together, Bret Hart, The Undertaker, Bam Bam Bigalow, Earthquarke and Typhoon, Had Hawk but for some reason never had animal.

I honestly had about 40 or so and stupidly when I had a very short phase out of wrestling in my teens I swapped about 20 of them for a couple of wrestling videos that I hadn't seen, regretted it ever since and since then they have just twindled away and have only a few left.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:19 pm

defo trip down memory lane, I had loads of em, my favourite was bam bam bigelo although the tatoo's on his head looked terrible and he just had his arms go up and downs, the yokozuna was pretty cool aswell. I had the Hogan gorilla press, Doink with green hair, LOD, jake snake, Mountie, bossman....too many to remember I had bout 30 or so and the plastic ring but my ropes snapped so one side was held together with selotape.

Great thread, I miss my wwf toys Cry

growing up sucks

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:29 pm

Google Hasbro WWF Figures, and check out the images. Loads of them I remember.

Those were the days...........

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:30 pm

Did anyone have any of the old Dubya See Dubya hard plastic ones? I had Arn Anderson and Ric Flair and they both came with a belt which I used as tag team championships. I also stole a surfer Sting from my next door neighbour. Very Happy

I also had 2 WWF heavyweight belts although one was more worn looking than the others, so I used it as the intercontinental belt. I would always have 3 rumbles to decide the belt holders - Neidhart (wearing blue bottoms?) and Hart as tag champs, Warrior as IC and Bret as WWF champs.

I remember having a few Hogans as well, one gorilla press one, a bulkier (must have been pre-steriod bust!) headlock version and another which I cant really remember. I also had a Sid Justice, who pretty much looked like a girl. Not a good look for the master and ruler of the world!

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:37 pm

Check out this site:

Hasbro Toys

How many of these did you have?

And Liverbnz......do you mean this one?

Sting

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:41 pm

Can't open that link Twist. "Error: The operation could not be completed"

Edit: The Sting one that is.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:45 pm

Try that one.

Spoiler:

From that other link, I seem to have Hulk Hogan 3rd (roided up headlock/suplex one). Hulk Hogan 1st was the press slam one. And Hogan 2nd was the bearhug. He had a fourth and fifth one as well Shocked

Last edited by xTwisTx on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spoiler tags)

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:57 pm

No, that wasn't the one I had. The WCW figures were solid plastic - totally inflexibe.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 31 Oct 2011, 2:05 pm

Did anyone have any of the old Dubya See Dubya hard plastic ones? I had Arn Anderson and Ric Flair and they both came with a belt which I used as tag team championships. I also stole a surfer Sting from my next door neighbour.

How strange, they were the only 2 wcw ones I had, I too had the blue plastic ring with a big wwf sticker on it and red, white and blue ring ropes, I use to have matches with a dice and certain numbers would be certain moves, I remember 6 being a pin and it had to be a even number for a kick out ha

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 31 Oct 2011, 2:55 pm

Yeah those old WCW figures where horrendous, I only had two of them though, Sting and Luger, they came with the WCW ring

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 31 Oct 2011, 2:59 pm

I nicked the Sid figure from a kid in my class... He had a black outfit & like you say was solid plastic.... It was pre-nitro era when WCW Saturday night was shown on Saturday afternoons on itv....

I know where mine are I'm gonna get them out tonight.... Had the WCW ring as it came with spring turnbuckle & cage!

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 31 Oct 2011, 3:04 pm

yeah that's why I got that ring too

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 31 Oct 2011, 3:34 pm

I sold a bag of about 25 wrestlers from the 90s at a car boot sale last year for a fiver!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 31 Oct 2011, 3:37 pm

Mr H wrote:I sold a bag of about 25 wrestlers from the 90s at a car boot sale last year for a fiver!

I'd of give you at least a quid a figure I reckon!

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Mon 31 Oct 2011, 4:09 pm

yeh H you could of had a bidding war on here for them

Lex-Express

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 31 Oct 2011, 4:13 pm

I got haggled by some tight fisted ginger geekoid who must have looked at them about 100 times. In the end I just gave in. It was probably crips.

I remember biting the head off Jake's snake and it shot straight down my throat when I was about 8, so I sold Jake with a headless snake.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Mon 31 Oct 2011, 4:26 pm

[quote="Mr H"]
It was probably crips.

Damn u H u made me spit pepsi on my keyboard!

Lex-Express

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 31 Oct 2011, 4:58 pm

Take it easy CM Punk

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:15 pm

Mr H wrote:I sold a bag of about 25 wrestlers from the 90s at a car boot sale last year for a fiver!

You should of put them on ebay .............. i sold an Eric Bischoff for £11.65 Laugh a few years back
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:31 am

I had quite a few.

The Bushwackers, Rockers, Nasty Boys, Ultimate Warrier, Rick Rude, Hogan, Boss Man, Macho Man, Hitman, Ax and Smash, think I might have had a couple more from wwf.

The Steiner Bros, Sting, Brian Pillman, Z Man Tom Zenk, Sid, The Freebirds(DDP and his tag partne, think thats what they were called?).

Still have all those, gave them to my niece's, used to have a ring, not anymore though.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:18 am

Did anyone have a wrestling buddy? Kind of like teddy bears but stuffed with foam?

I remember asking for a Savage one for Christmas & being gutted when The Hulkster version was under the tree on Christmas day!

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:53 am

Brady12 wrote:The Ric Flair figure was really naf Red Trunks & his move was a headlock punch combi....

That figure still stands on my bedside table, holding a badge, with a very un-Flair-like grimace on its face.

It was rubbish for playing wrestling with, but it's great at holding badges.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 11:06 am

I had a flair one, but from WCW days, those figures didnt have any moves though.

Brady 12, now that you mention it I had a Hogan one.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 11:13 am

Also had Brutus the Barber beefcake and Lex Luger wcw figure.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:24 pm

Wasn Doink the Clown actually Eugene???

Back to top Go down

Post by more_awesome_than_a_ri Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:34 pm

Used to have a few, Piper, Undertaker, Warrior, Jake the Snake

Unfortunately due to not having alot i used to make them wrestle against my other toy figures, mainly Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Ghostbuster ones!!!

Does anybody remember the old Wrestling game on the original NES?

Think you could only be about 4 wrestlers but i used to love it!!!

more_awesome_than_a_ri

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:04 pm

AntLord wrote:Wasn Doink the Clown actually Eugene???

4 or 5 wrestlers have been Doink, Steve Lombardi who was the Brooklyn Brawler was one of them.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:10 pm

more_awesome_than_a_ri wrote:Used to have a few, Piper, Undertaker, Warrior, Jake the Snake

Unfortunately due to not having alot i used to make them wrestle against my other toy figures, mainly Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Ghostbuster ones!!!

Was more of a sega man for my consoles.... Did have a similar game for the Gane Boy, that was mint WWF Superstars. You could be Hogan, Savage, Warrior, Perfect & Dibaise as I recall - there was a brief promo before every match where Dibaise would say 'you shouldn't write cheques your body can't cash'

Best game was surely Wrestlefest Arcade game absolute quality. Win 5 matches & face LOD for the tag team titles, or compete in the Rumble. Earthquakes finisher just looked completely sick man!!!

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:12 pm

more_awesome_than_a_ri wrote:Used to have a few, Piper, Undertaker, Warrior, Jake the Snake

I had that, it was Wrestlemania Challenge on the very first Nintendo. You could be Hulk Hogan, Andre The Giant, Randy Savage, The Ultimate Warrior, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Big Boss Man, Rick Rude and Brutus Beefcake. I always played as Savage. Loved that game!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:20 pm

I just watched Wrestlefest on Youtube. I remember playing it at Butlins lol

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:35 pm

I didn't have many figures ever so used my He-man figures, thundercats, ghostbusters and used an action man as the giant character!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by fut2020 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 2:32 pm

I had loads. Favourite was Papa Shango with his cape, hat and skull necklace.

I have loads in the house that I was going to put on Ebay if anyone is interested but these are mainly from Attitude era onwards - Jakks.

My dad gave away all of my Hasbro ones......swine!

fut2020

Back to top Go down

Post by fut2020 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 2:33 pm

ps this is not my first post I was the_dashing_one but it wont let me in for some reason so i've had to rejoin Sad

fut2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Balboa 316 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 3:55 pm

Love this Thread!!!

I got rid of mine at a boot fair some years ago, but reading this has taken me on a trip down memory lane....

I had a lot of the Hasbro figures mentioned.. but also used other figures such as spiderman and x-men to complete the roster Smile

I seem to remember having a biker mice from mars Character as world champion at one point, and having to introduce an amputee storyline when i dropped Rick Steiner down the stairs and his arm fell off :/

Danny Balboa 316

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 02 Nov 2011, 4:09 pm

I had a Terminator figure as World Champion (I think I said he was Kane) - who also had an arm missing. He was an amputee Kane Laugh

I also gave Rick Steiner a Grim Reaper gimmick, inexplicably, where I dressed him in a robe made out of bin liner Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 02 Nov 2011, 4:14 pm

My Hasbro figure of Skinner probably had more personality than the real thing

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Balboa 316 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 4:20 pm

Electric Demon wrote:I had a Terminator figure as World Champion (I think I said he was Kane) - who also had an arm missing. He was an amputee Kane Laugh

I also gave Rick Steiner a Grim Reaper gimmick, inexplicably, where I dressed him in a robe made out of bin liner Laugh

Haha

I also had terminator, with half of his face missing... he came in as a new character whos finisher was the big boot, as his legs lifted that way perfectly

Danny Balboa 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down