The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Reason

+3
disneychilly
kiakahaaotearoa
fushnchups
7 posters

Go down

Mark Reason Empty Mark Reason

Post by fushnchups Fri 21 Oct 2011, 1:51 pm

Mark reason has wasted no time in climbing into New Zealand fans for their treatment of Quade Cooper.

3w.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/australia/8840615/Rugby-World-Cup-2011-New-Zealand-should-be-ashamed-by-the-vile-abuse-directed-at-Australias-Quade-Cooper.html

Apparently, vilifying a great player in pantomime fashion and attacking him online is unthinkably boorish behaviour and all of New Zealand should be ashamed.

This seems a little hypocritical to me, given Mark Reason's pre-world cup on-line attack (3w.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/our-experts/5535927/A-word-on-the-All-Blacks-play-Cheats) vilifying the All Black's in general, and Richie McCaw in specific as pantomime villains and "cheats", not to mention his attempt to categorise all New Zealand fans as ill-disciplined heathens by dragging up an unrelated accusation of bottle throwing from 2 years ago.

Seems to me that Mr Reason doesn't have a kind word to say for his adopted home. Perhaps he'd be better off following his new found heroes the Welsh home to the UK.

fushnchups

Back to top Go down

Mark Reason Empty Re: Mark Reason

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:57 pm

Un Reasonable is only doing a job much like Stephen Jones for The Times. He is there to create controversy and little else. Can anyone find me an article by him or other similar clowns that actually speak of rugby? Not articles related to rugby like cheating, choking, bungee-jumping, poaching yada yada.

You look at most of the media articles even on so-called reputable sites. There is only so much to report on but day after day the so-called sports columnists have to come up with some gumf to fill the pages.

What we can best do is ignore this rubbish and not bring attention to it. Then if sales drop accordingly, they might just go away.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by fushnchups Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:58 pm

Sensible points, well made.

On the note of Quade Cooper though, I can't help but think it would have completely put him off his game if the entire stadium had erupted and cheered every time he got the ball. Rampant patronising praise is often more difficult to deal with than animosity.

fushnchups

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:00 pm

Yeah the guy's been antagonising something or someone in all his articles. Not really commenting on rugby at all. Agree with Kia-guy's an idiot who just needs to be ignored. Disappointing though-you read articles in the rugby section to find out more about what's happening in the game. Not this pathetic vitriol.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:14 pm

Its not unreasonable to questiuon the crowds for their excessive hatred and abuse of pooper cooper but hes just another pantomime hack isnt he. Not quite in ratues league mind.
Seems to sports pages are obsessed with these colmists now, ITV obviously recruited their panelists and commentry team for the Wales/France game on the same basis.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:28 pm

Hang on – Cooper realised the situation he was in. By all accounts I heard he was given a standing ovation this morning when he was taken off with his injury. He was also given a big cheer when he received his medal.

We’re not throwing bottles at him, for 7 weeks he has been getting kicks out of his pantomime villain role. Off the field, everyone loves him. He’s been one of the star attractions for the kids of NZ. Pity his performances haven’t lived up to his talent.

Get better soon Quade, you’re a rugby playing Picasso

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by fushnchups Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:33 pm

The injury this morning looked awful. One of those sickening moments. Everyone on the pitch just stopped playing when it happened.

But, look at Weepu, this time a year ago almost to the day he was stretched out on the pitch with an oxygen mask, two compound fractures sticking out of his shin and his foot pointing the wrong way.

Cooper will be back, although I have to say Barnes played with confidence and assurance today, and I wonder whether he might not form a formidable pivot in a more conservative Australian back line.

Couldn't help notice that the vaunted Welsh scrum got pushed around a bit today by the wobbly old Wallaby scrum. Perhaps a new era of Australian rugby on the way?

fushnchups

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:34 pm

Excessive hatred? Have you heard the crowds voicing opinion on McCaw or Fitzpatrick in SA? They all hated them supposedly but would be first to pick them as players for their own teams if they could. Hatred really is a form of tough love.

Anyway, often the media exaggerate these stories. What Reason heard as f**k off Cooper was them imploring the ABs not to stud Copper in the ruck. Ruck off Cooper. (as in we want to see one of those mercurial runs you do so well). When he thought they shouted Cooper ´s a w**ker, they were in actual fact saying Cooper we wish to thank you (for providing us with innumerable youtube clips of your razzle dazzle).

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by fushnchups Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:35 pm

drumroll

I trust you're here all week?

fushnchups

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:37 pm

fushandchups - where have you sprung from?

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by fushnchups Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:41 pm

ushandchups - where have you sprung from?

Well. I've been hiding under the sofa since a certain night in Cardiff nigh on four years ago.

Since then I've only gone out at night for fear of being mocked as a choker, or arrested pilfering pacific islanders. Possibly turning up several chances to represent England at the RWC in doing so.

I've avoid all contacted with the printed or web based media, because frankly my frail psyche was too fragile to deal with the possibility of reading something negative about the All Blacks.

But now, with things turning out the way they are, I've finally mustered up the courage to venture out in daylight. Fingers crossed it'll stay this way. It's not pleasant sleeping in a closet during daylight hours, let me tell you.

fushnchups

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:45 pm

fushnchups wrote:

It's not pleasant sleeping in a closet during daylight hours, let me tell you.

In that case, hope 'the precious' hasn't got the better of you yet!

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:48 pm

Fushnchups you wouldn´t happen to be GG. Free from the shackles of having to bag England in every post, you can now under the guise of a NZ voice, speak freely of all things rugby. Welcome friend...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by fushnchups Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:50 pm

I assure you, that neither myself, nor any member of my family is a horse.

I'm shocked, appalled and didn't know that this was that kind of website.

fushnchups

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:57 pm

fushnchups wrote:
Couldn't help notice that the vaunted Welsh scrum got pushed around a bit today by the wobbly old Wallaby scrum. Perhaps a new era of Australian rugby on the way?
You apparently didnt notice that 2/3rds of our much vaunted front row was missing.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:18 pm

Aussie had their best prop out though too

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:28 pm

fushnchups wrote:

It's not pleasant sleeping in a closet during daylight hours, let me tell you.

Maybe its time to be brave and come out of the closet?

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down