The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment?

+18
Jimmy Moz
Nico the gman
BALTIMORA
captain carrantuohil
manos de piedra
TRUSSMAN66
tcribb
DaveVDK
Rowley
J.Benson II
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
John Bloody Wayne
TopHat24/7
88Chris05
Union Cane
AlexHuckerby
Scottrf
Waingro
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wich is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment?

Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Vote_lcap20%Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 7 ]
Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Vote_lcap51%Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Vote_rcap 51% 
[ 18 ]
Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Vote_lcap3%Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Vote_lcap0%Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Vote_lcap3%Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Vote_lcap0%Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Vote_lcap6%Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Vote_lcap9%Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Vote_lcap5%Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 35

Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Empty Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment?

Post by Waingro Mon 17 Oct 2011, 3:45 pm

Which dvision do people think has the worst quality in it?

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Empty Re: Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment?

Post by Scottrf Mon 17 Oct 2011, 3:51 pm

Minimumweight without a doubt, Super Feather not far behind.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment? Empty Re: Which is the Worst Division in Boxing at the Moment?

Post by Waingro Mon 17 Oct 2011, 3:53 pm

Hard to tell in some divisions there are too many weights imo

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 17 Oct 2011, 3:58 pm

what would we do without your polls waingro?
im not going to pretend im massively in the know with some of the littler guys but opted for cruiser. at least with heavies the quality is with the two you know whos but in cruiser its just awful all round. even a 90 year old tarver is a major player in that division

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:01 pm

Waingro wrote:Hard to tell in some divisions there are too many weights imo

I agree, there are definitely too many weights at lightweight for example.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:02 pm

Of the ones listed, I've plumped for Cruiserweight, the eternally awful division, with Super-Featherweight not far behind. If Gamboa decides to stay at 130 lb then Cruiserweight will regain it's crown of being the lowest of the low.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:03 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Waingro wrote:Hard to tell in some divisions there are too many weights imo

I agree, there are definitely too many weights at lightweight for example.

Yeah I think there are too many flyweight divisions there is only a couple of pounds in difference seperating them that is not that big a deal

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:05 pm

You missed Super Lightweight off your list btw
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:05 pm

Union Cane wrote:You missed Super Lightweight off your list btw
He did miss Minimumweight which is therefore my answer (would have been anyway to be fair).

Last edited by Scottrf on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:07 pm

I know it is, I was setting him up for a fall.

Never mind.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:07 pm

Union Cane wrote:You missed Super Lightweight off your list btw

So those evil barstewards across the pond have got to you too eh, Union? mad
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:18 pm

Went for SFW, think HW is a bit harsh as there's at least 2 decent fighters there (how close is Wlad to current top 10 p4p?) whereas SFW has nobody. That said, I completely forot about Cruiser, which probably speaks volumes!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:20 pm

think wlad is number 7 in p4p rankings by the ring

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:31 pm

I went for cruiser. Honourable mention to super feather and heavyweight though.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:38 pm

why on earth has someone chosen welterweight?
pacqiaot mayweather berto brook ortiz off the top of my head not enough name 5 fighters of that calibur in cruiser!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:39 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:why on earth has someone chosen welterweight?
pacqiaot mayweather berto brook ortiz off the top of my head not enough name 5 fighters of that calibur in cruiser!
Anonymous polls aren't worth the pixels they are displayed on.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:42 pm

but they are waingros prestigous polls!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:50 pm

Light Heavy for me.

When a 46 year old is considered the best in the division it surely sets off alarm bells. And a 24 year old supposed world champion who struggles with a below standard domestic fighter. Not in the best of health at this present time.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:57 pm

Hopkins is a living legend and one of the best fighters of the last twenty years. He may be 46, but he's no ordinary 46 year old. Pascal showed he's near world level at super middleweight and became the man at light heavy, Dawson has shown himself to be world class with multi wins over Johnson and Tarver.

Compare that with heavyweight: Two or three good fighters and a fleet of morbidly obese sluggers.
Cruiserweight and super featherweight: Not a single big name among them other than Tarver.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Mon 17 Oct 2011, 5:12 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Light Heavy for me.

When a 46 year old is considered the best in the division it surely sets off alarm bells. And a 24 year old supposed world champion who struggles with a below standard domestic fighter. Not in the best of health at this present time.

Agreed. You have to worry about a division if the man at the weight is a decade past his prime and if two of the belt holders are Euro level at best.

There are more poor divisions than strong ones at the moment. CW is the worst of the bunch.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 17 Oct 2011, 5:29 pm

I think its a case of the Cruiser weight division is basically ignored by a large section of fans, but the Light Heavy guys are well known and its very poor stuff.

A PPV for Hopkins vs Dawson is a very large nail in the coffin IMO because Dawson did himself no favours with his reaction to the stoppage and I can't see him on any PPV events in the near future.

Once Hopkins goes then who is going to tune in.

There are only about 4 stand out divisions for me at the minute so it is quiet hard to pick the worst.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 17 Oct 2011, 5:32 pm

Have voted cruiser because off the top of my head I am struggling to name anyone in the division, genuinely not sure I could name a champion without seriously racking my brains.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Mon 17 Oct 2011, 5:43 pm

Had to go with Middleweight, historically a great division, but at the moment Sergio Martinez is the only elite fighter at that weight, the politics dont help eathier, as even he isnt in the fights we want to see him in.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Mon 17 Oct 2011, 5:50 pm

Is it possible to vote majority of them ? Anything with the word junior and super in I cant seriously class it as a real division.

tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 5:53 pm

To be honest it would be easier to name the good ones....

It's p**s poor at the moment......

All these titles don't help...

Without being too partisan when American Boxing is in good shape..Boxing is more interesting....or when the heavies are in good shape etc...

Need more Americans for you guys to hate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 5:57 pm

Here we go again.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Mon 17 Oct 2011, 5:59 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:To be honest it would be easier to name the good ones....

It's p**s poor at the moment......

All these titles don't help...

Without being too partisan when American Boxing is in good shape..Boxing is more interesting....or when the heavies are in good shape etc...

Need more Americans for you guys to hate..

Maybes to you, most of us boxing fans couldn't give a diddly if a fighter is from Libya, Andorra or outer Mongolia as long as they're fighting the best,

Pacquaio isn't American seems to generate enough interest, maybes it's time to drop the I'm an American look at me act.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 5:59 pm

I'm being honest......When American boxing is hot it synergises down..

Last fifteen years Boxing has sufferd through lack of American heroes to either love or hate!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 17 Oct 2011, 6:04 pm

its slightly true to be fair truss. if you arent a name in america you arent really a name.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Mon 17 Oct 2011, 6:06 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:its slightly true to be fair truss. if you arent a name in america you arent really a name.

Manny Pacquiao ?????????????

Youre totally overrating patriotism

No one cares
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 17 Oct 2011, 6:08 pm

Cruiser and the tin classes will always be the poorest division I think. The others will peak and trough but cruiser always has the biggest prize in the sport just above it which means any decent cruiser will try for a shot it. Its essentially a leftovers division and always will be. At best some top light heavy might pit stop there or some rising star will do a stint there before moving up leaving the dregs behind.

Im generally suspicious of quality the smaller flyweights because you have about 4 divisions seperated by a hot dinner which means the talent pool is pretty diluted. Given that there arent many guys that can make those limits consistently to begin with I tend to think its very shallow down there.

This has to be the worst light heavyweight division since its inception for a division traditionally so strong.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 6:09 pm

To be honest when has anything below super bant captured the imagination...

Never been a superfight down there.. even Carbajal-Chiquita didn't capture the imagination

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Mon 17 Oct 2011, 6:20 pm

The bantams have been pretty strong for much of the past 50 years, not least at the moment, when they have an argument to be regarded as the best division around. Jofre-Caldwell, Harada-Rose, Olivares-Castillo, Zarate-Zamora, Donaire-Montiel all fights that got the juices flowing.

Super-feather is very ordinary, as is middleweight. Cruiser, it goes without saying, is as well. The light-welters may be on the verge of a rare fallow period as well if Khan and Bradley move up.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Mon 17 Oct 2011, 6:22 pm

No division would be particularly weak if we got back to basics and 8 divisions,
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 6:55 pm

To die-hards maybe......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 17 Oct 2011, 6:57 pm

tcribb wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:its slightly true to be fair truss. if you arent a name in america you arent really a name.

Manny Pacquiao ?????????????

Youre totally overrating patriotism

No one cares

read what i wrote again please. carefully this time.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 7:23 pm

Manny is a name in America as Duran was..

but I know more about the American psyche than you cribby.....

No one cares..but you try to rebutt..

Practice what you preach...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 17 Oct 2011, 7:35 pm

im saying if you want to make yourself a global name america is the only place you can really do it. reasons why they all go to fight in vegas

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 7:42 pm

Absolutely...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 17 Oct 2011, 7:42 pm

Thing is even some of the Americans can't sell tickets on their own back yard. Ward, Berto, Bradley, Williams...no-one cares. There Latin countries are traditionally always strong at lower weights, and there are a good number of east Asian guys. Just because fat Billy-Bob from Idaho never heard of them is no big deal.

My vote goes for Jr Heavy and minimum.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 17 Oct 2011, 7:44 pm

harsh on berto thought he was a draw in america?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 17 Oct 2011, 7:48 pm

Not massively. Oh wait; he's Haitian. Daniel Jacobs? Sparked out by Pirog. Who do they have around Middle? Welterweight there's Mayweather...Ortiz...Devon Alexander? Malignaggi?!? Mike Jones? Who? Light heavy there's Dawson, Cloud...er...Hopkins. he's been around since about 1542 though.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 7:51 pm

Because the Americans you mention are all stinkers perhaps??

Whittaker couldn't sell.....need a modicum of excitement..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 17 Oct 2011, 7:55 pm

nowadays you have to be just as good with your mouth as you are in the ring

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:13 pm

There are guys who can sell out arenas in their own countries who aren't 'big' names in America. Just because we don't hear much about them doesn't mean they're not huge somewhere. Point is America ain't the centre of the universe. Sure it helps to gain notoriety if you fight at MSG or Vegas, but that's down to the glitz.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:18 pm

No one is saying there isn't....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:30 pm

Just another silly comment from Yankee doodle dandy to crave a bit of attention, Been on the forum for 3 weeks already seen the guy for the straightjacket.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:33 pm

whatever....you're a proven liar so I won't say more than that..can't be assd!!

Fact remains Balti that no one is saying some can't transcend like Manny..but Americans are dare I say it inward looking per se..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:44 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:whatever....you're a proven liar so I won't say more than that..can't be assd!!

Fact remains Balti that no one is saying some can't transcend like Manny..but Americans are dare I say it inward looking per se..
Inward looking...that's one way to put it.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:45 pm

You're full of hostility these days Balti????

Gone from a good contributor to a bitter hit and run artist....

Still plenty good posters on here so I suppose we can lose you.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next