The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wwe universe sucks

+4
Kay Fabe
ADMIN
Brady12
Mr Video Man
8 posters

Go down

wwe universe sucks Empty wwe universe sucks

Post by Mr Video Man Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:28 pm

its been a long time since i last logged in so i thought i would add a topic for topics sake.......does anyone else get annoyed when wwe fans are refered to as the WWE UNIVERSE? (crowd goes silent) they are fans just the same as in football or anything else.....it would be pathetic if for example at a football match the guy over the speaker system says and we welcome the chelsea universe here to old trafford for todays game....wouldnt make sense
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

wwe universe sucks Empty Re: wwe universe sucks

Post by Brady12 Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:19 am

Yes I agree the term is cringeworthy another daft use of jargon by the WWE marketing machine....Add it to a long list including 'superstars' 'divas' etc

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:40 am

Has there been a change in regards to the term 'fans' in WWE, Wasn't it the case that the word was banned by Vince yet as part of the 'Smark' Punk storyline it's been used frequently.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:31 pm

I think Punk was allowed to say all banned words in order to get his character over, Wrestler and Wrestling being two of the obvious words he'd emphasise

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:55 pm

I can understand why WWE use the term "WWE Universe", as stupid as it is. They're terrified of losing the solid foundation of fans they already have, so if they give them a name and a sense of community, they're hoping that will give them a sense of loyalty to the WWE and they will continue to watch.

I doubt it works though. I doubt anybody is particuarly proud to be a part of the "WWE Universe".

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:54 pm

So is the 606v2 universe all agreed, that we dont like WWEs marketing jargon?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Just been watching Best of WCW Nitro Special on Sky 1....

They just showed the moment where Bret Hart won the world title & joined the nWo...

Scott Standford in the WWE Studio's said 'what an astonishing moment for the WWE Universe!!!!' - Huh???? This happen in 2000 in WCW???

So if anbody is under any illusions lets just get this clear.... any wrestling promotions fans from any era whether the WWE owns the company or not is now collectively known as 'The WWE Universe'

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:54 pm

Brady12 wrote:Just been watching Best of WCW Nitro Special on Sky 1....

They just showed the moment where Bret Hart won the world title & joined the nWo...

Scott Standford in the WWE Studio's said 'what an astonishing moment for the WWE Universe!!!!' - Huh???? This happen in 2000 in WCW???

So if anbody is under any illusions lets just get this clear.... any wrestling promotions fans from any era whether the WWE owns the company or not is now collectively known as 'The WWE Universe'

steam thumbsdown

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:00 pm

Yeah I saw a bit of the earlier. Did note that Stanford said "After joining the NWO, Hogan told the WWE universe exactly what he thinks of them"

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:04 pm

Samo wrote:Yeah I saw a bit of the earlier. Did note that Stanford said "After joining the NWO, Hogan told the WWE universe exactly what he thinks of them"

Didn't see that bit!!! Thats even worst!

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down