The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earl Crabtree

+5
JamesLincs
Kenny
Kay Fabe
davidl1061
TopoftheChops
9 posters

Go down

Earl Crabtree Empty Earl Crabtree

Post by TopoftheChops Mon 26 Sep 2011, 10:39 pm

There have been rumours that when he retires from rugby league, he will become a wrestler like his Uncle, big daddy.

Last edited by TopoftheChops on Mon 26 Sep 2011, 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Earl Crabtree Empty Re: Earl Crabtree

Post by davidl1061 Mon 26 Sep 2011, 10:39 pm

You mean his uncle

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Sep 2011, 12:13 am

I've never heard of him but it makes sense, he'll be pretty well built, will have a historic name within the business and should have a decent public following

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 27 Sep 2011, 12:33 am

Think hes 6' 5 , 6' 6 about 18 stone , sure i read years ago when he first broke into super league WWE asked him to try out ....maybe wrong ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Sep 2011, 12:48 am

If he is that size then you're talking about the same size as Triple H, sounds promising, you'd expect someone who'd been in the public eye a while and been apart of male dominated locker rooms, he'd have a decent level of charisma

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:03 am

yeah hes 6ft6 and 18 1/2 stone. an absolute beast. Can I ask where the rumours have come from?

Hes probably still got 5 or 6 (maybe even longer) years left in him if he keeps himself healthy, so would he have enough time to persue a wrestling a career given the age he would be at?

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:48 am

born in lincs, what a story that could be for my forgotten county

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:04 am

JamesLincs wrote:born in lincs, what a story that could be for my forgotten county

I lived in Lincolnshire for a couple of years! Lovely people, bit racist mind.

I'd forgotten I lived there it until you mentioned it.

Earl Crabtree has already got something most wrestlers would die for: An absolutely amazing name. If I was playing the part of a British wrestler, I would want to call myself Earl Crabtree.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:21 am

He has the size and strength, he also has the long hair that wrestlers seem to love

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Madrox Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:26 am

I can't see why he wouldn't be able to pursue a career in Sports Entertainment. You regularly see NFL athletes step into the ring so it could work out pretty well. The big question is where would he go and if he went to the E, how would this play out considering the already bulging number of Brits over there.

Madrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 27 Sep 2011, 10:51 am

You would of thought given his family back ground he would already of had some sort of wrestling experience plus a lot of rugby league clubs do have wrestling coaches to teach tackling techniques ....yes i know this is different but what im saying is he wouldn't be going into wrestling as a complete novice , EORL definatley has the look and the name .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Sep 2011, 11:36 am

I think given his name and his current profession he would be more likely to get a shot with the WWE as they could possibly see a potential to market him, I'm just going on assumption though as I've never seen or heard of him before, I would like to see a badass Rugby player gimmick in the WWE though, American Football can look brutal but these boys do it all without protection, I think that would get over with the crowd

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 27 Sep 2011, 11:49 am

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:
JamesLincs wrote:born in lincs, what a story that could be for my forgotten county

I lived in Lincolnshire for a couple of years! Lovely people, bit racist mind.

I'd forgotten I lived there it until you mentioned it.

Earl Crabtree has already got something most wrestlers would die for: An absolutely amazing name. If I was playing the part of a British wrestler, I would want to call myself Earl Crabtree.

where abouts? im from lincoln itself. lol i haven't come across any racism myself. its an unbelivably quiet place though

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:03 am

Was in Lincoln for a year and then moved to Grantham. Preferred Grantham strangely, not as pretty but thought it had loads of character. Lincoln is lovely up the hill and around the cathedral though.

When I was in Lincoln I lived right near Sincil Bank and literally all the lampposts in the area had stickers on them advertising various extreme right-wing political parties!

Honestly liked the people in general though, very genuine.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sat 01 Oct 2011, 1:34 am

Hopefully it takes a bit more to impress John Laurinaitis than you Gaff.... What next Peter Crouch repackage as the Giant Robot?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 01 Oct 2011, 10:00 am

I've not got a clue what he's like, as I already said, I'm just basing it on his size, weight, physicality, mobility, the fact he has a somewhat well known name within the business and due to him playing main stream sport could have a very decent level of popularity, as I've said, I've got no idea what he's like but he ticks a lot of boxes on paper, only an idiot would dismiss someone with those attributes without giving it some considertion

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sat 01 Oct 2011, 8:40 pm

I didn't say it was a bad idea.... I like your thinking on the badass Rugby player with the I dont need pads gimmick.

However firstly I dare say if you asked 100 18-35 yr old American wrestling fans the significance of the name Crabtree i think you could probably count the number of one hand who'd have a clue what you were on about. British wrestlings peak was long before the Internet. Could you imagine the reaction classic clips of World of Sport would get!
Secondly a name only gets you so far these days even if it's relevant (which in this case it's not) just ask David Smith, Ted Dibaise, Joe Henning, David Flair, David Sammartino.
Thirdly if were giving pushes on impressive builds & stats why not just give Mason Ryan the heavyweight title

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 02 Oct 2011, 3:32 am

I never said his name would be a drawing point for fans, when I say his name may have value I meant where it matters most, backstage, I believe Wrestlinh promoters are more likely to give someone with name value an opportunity than someone without, now that opportunity may come to nothing but I do believe that having a somewhat famous name will afford him an opportunity, after that it's up to him but all his other attributes stand on their own merits

As for the Mason Ryan comment, no one said we should just give the World Title away and I feel that comment is just a desperate attempt at one upmanship, I don't know much about Ryan apart from how he is in the ring, and that looks awkward as hell, now if this guy is better then I'd rather he had a spot, like I've already said, as a professional athlete you'd expect he'd be more mobile and agile and without ever hearing him I'd wager my flat that he sounds better and easily more understandable than Ryan

While your thinking of Mason Ryan, due to his size, build, height and sport, physicality and mobility I'm thinking more along the lines of Goldberg, while that maybe a bit off target it definitely highlights the difference in how we perceive potential talent

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun 02 Oct 2011, 7:59 am

Ok if we're thinking his name would have some clout backstage then that's fair enough but I'm guessing you'd need someone like Regal around in Vinces ear to endorse him but I'm still not convinced in 2011 that name is relevant.

In essence as I said previous it's a believable gimmick & probably worth a shot but cross over sport stars don't always don't always suceed I mean on paper Ken Shamrock should of been a legend in the wrestling business.

The Ryan comment was more of a displeasure at how he was booked on Raw this week... I have an awful feeling Vince is still getting hard for his build & his face turn is the bring of a massive push that I can see bombing more than Lex Luger

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 02 Oct 2011, 9:21 am

I think Ken Shamrock did alright to be fair, he was unlucky that he came along as Austin was approaching his peak and Rock and DX where massive, for me though he'd have been the guy Vince used against Austin instead of Mankind, I'd have still gave Foley that need to be loved heel role but Shamrock would have been the main guy.

Still Bischoff saw that someone like Shamrock could be massive, that's why he based Bill Goldberg on him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sun 02 Oct 2011, 10:55 am

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:Was in Lincoln for a year and then moved to Grantham. Preferred Grantham strangely, not as pretty but thought it had loads of character. Lincoln is lovely up the hill and around the cathedral though.

When I was in Lincoln I lived right near Sincil Bank and literally all the lampposts in the area had stickers on them advertising various extreme right-wing political parties!

Honestly liked the people in general though, very genuine.

I used to live up that way too! Only really ever liked Lincoln for the Toys R Us (I was younger obviously!) I lived in Ruskington thought!
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down