The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter 2 Freedom Unite on PSP

2 posters

Go down

Monster Hunter 2 Freedom Unite on PSP Empty Monster Hunter 2 Freedom Unite on PSP

Post by TwisT Thu 01 Sep 2011, 10:49 am

..........................or Monster Hunter 3 on Wii

Just wondering if anyone else plays this? I usually play a lot of the PSP one, but do occasionly fire up the wii.

I am a hammer user. Will go into more detail but wanna see if others play it first not just me Whistle

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter 2 Freedom Unite on PSP Empty Re: Monster Hunter 2 Freedom Unite on PSP

Post by TwisT Thu 01 Sep 2011, 3:40 pm

Just me then Sad

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter 2 Freedom Unite on PSP Empty Re: Monster Hunter 2 Freedom Unite on PSP

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 01 Sep 2011, 4:02 pm

I've always fancied this game for Wii - is it worth a purchase?

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 01 Sep 2011, 4:08 pm

Yeah it is, even if you are new to the genre.

You can use the remote, or a joypad. I would recommend using the joypad myself as sometimes the controls and movements can get confusing on the wii (depending on what weapon you want to use, there are different button and movement combos). Plus, it can tire the sh*t out of you if your taking on a big monster in later levels.

Mostly I play it on the PSP, but hook the wii up to the net and you can go down those monsters with your mates.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 01 Sep 2011, 4:13 pm

I've heard in reviews that it's quite involved. Is it quite heavy or is there a chance to pick up the game's basics before being launched into a stinkstorm of difficulty?

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 01 Sep 2011, 4:54 pm

No it isn't that heavy at the start. Obviously if you are new to the concept it will take a while to get into. But it is all about practice, the more you play the better you get. Then you get that learning curve..beat certain monsters and you get to play against tougher ones.

You still need to go back and beat those lesser ones, even when you can beat them easily, to "farm" materials to make armour and weapons.

It is one of these games where you can pick up..get so far with and get frustrated....then leave it a few weeks and come back and complete what you got stuck on. I have done this many a time.

Have a brief look at this site. It explains everything you need to know:

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

It is also a brill resource material when you need a bit more info and help once you start playing.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down