The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ibuprofen or Ibuprofen..?

5 posters

Go down

Ibuprofen or Ibuprofen..? Empty Ibuprofen or Ibuprofen..?

Post by Doubleagent73 Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:05 am

Don't know if this is really the place to ask this, but thought I'd give it a try in case someone knows the answer.

Is there any difference between Nurofen Migraine, Nurofen Tension Headache, and supermarket own brand Migraine Relief tablets? They all seem to have exactly the same ingredients, and same amount of ibuprofen lysine. Surely the 2 Nurofen products can't be exactly the same but in different coloured boxes?

OH thinks they're all 200-something ibuprofen anyway, the lysine ones just work a bit faster, so may as well just buy the 29p supermarket ones rather than spend up to £2.50 for the same thing. But the cheapy ones don't get rid of my headaches, the lysine ones do, which doesn't make sense (unless it's a psychological thing?)

Anyone able to shed any light..?
Doubleagent73
Doubleagent73

http://badfilmfriday.com

Back to top Go down

Ibuprofen or Ibuprofen..? Empty Re: Ibuprofen or Ibuprofen..?

Post by Adam D Thu 25 Aug 2011, 7:37 am

I once asked a chemist in Boots about the regular vs value ones.

He told me that they will both work the same eventually, and the only difference is down to the taste and ease of swallowing.

I therefore bought the cheap 30p ones!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:41 pm

if you suffer from bad migraines i use Syndol, they are over the counter tables but 20 mins and i'm ready to go again they are the fastest acting migrane tablets i have ever used. still a little expensive but if its the difference between lying down in a pitch black room for hours or getting back to work i'll spend the extra .

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:53 pm

From a scientific point of view the cheap painkillers (as in own brand) are just as effective as the brand names

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:20 pm

I always buy the cheap ones and they always work for me. I have been taking pain killers for a long time due to a severe back problem and have always worked

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum