The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have England Turned In To A Banana Republic??

+2
Fists of Fury
activereactive
6 posters

Go down

Have England Turned In To  A Banana Republic?? Empty Have England Turned In To A Banana Republic??

Post by activereactive Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:14 pm

England's friendly against the Netherlands at Wembley on Wednesday could be off and three other matches are postponed as authorities react to a third night of rioting in London.
In addition to this, I have heard, the Edgbaston test may be called off due to riots in B'ham.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/14454137.stm

Whats going on??
Have England Turned In To A Banana Republic??

Down with Teddy Bear Government and her Mickey Mouse police.

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Have England Turned In To  A Banana Republic?? Empty Re: Have England Turned In To A Banana Republic??

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:16 pm

Need to crackdown and shoot these morons, nothing else for it.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Have England Turned In To  A Banana Republic?? Empty Re: Have England Turned In To A Banana Republic??

Post by Stellar Key Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:27 pm

The mood I'm in this morning I tend to agree FoF

But I'd settle for everyone of these thieving scum was stuck in prison for 10 years whatever their age.

Stellar Key

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:33 pm

Then we have to pay to keep them though, Stellar. And prison isn't as bad as it once was, quite a holiday camp now, by all accounts!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:33 pm

Stellar Key wrote:

But I'd settle for everyone of these thieving scum was stuck in prison for 10 years whatever their age.

10 years only?? 🤦

I would deprt them back to the paradise.

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:57 pm

The test will go ahead. Edgbaston is not in the centre and the game is played in the day time.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:04 pm

There is already a thread in the news section regarding the riots.
We are going to make that a global thread and merge this with it (just so you know where it has gone)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellar Key Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:09 pm

activereactive wrote:
Stellar Key wrote:

10 years only?? 🤦

I would deport them back to the paradise.

My reply was the last dying embers of my left wing politics .........

Smile on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 9:57 am
The test will go ahead. Edgbaston is not in the centre and the game is played in the day time.

There has to be a bigger police presence now . That new stand is only weeks old, I think they will want to protect that in case of any problems.

Stellar Key

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:09 pm

Smile wrote:The test will go ahead. Edgbaston is not in the centre and the game is played in the day time.

I agree it is likely to go ahead, though Edgbaston is all of 5 minutes from the centre, so it is certainly not exempt.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:11 pm

In hindsight, we are not merging this thread with the global one, as it is about the cricket match.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:11 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:
Smile wrote:The test will go ahead. Edgbaston is not in the centre and the game is played in the day time.

I agree it is likely to go ahead, though Edgbaston is all of 5 minutes from the centre, so it is certainly not exempt.

Not by foot.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellar Key Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:17 pm

Y I Man wrote:In hindsight, we are not merging this thread with the global one, as it is about the cricket match.

Very Happy

It's a bit of both but feel free to wade in if we start rioting in the thread. raspberry

Stellar Key

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:20 pm

Will do
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:58 pm

Its hardly what happened in Pakistan or Mumbai though is it.

And when hasnt there been riots in London? Brum OK thats a bit different but in the history of Britain going way back to before the invention of teh banana the current silliness is hardly unusual.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:01 pm

The reality is that England has been a 'Banana republic' for quite some time now and its only the onset of events like these disturbances that bring the reality home to everyone. The test should and will go on tomorrow, because every declining nation and 'Banana republic' need a circus to distract the majority from the reality of the situation, so c'mon England and win for the country, that i no longer recognise.

p.s. Thanks to all the politicians of all shades who have made this possible with their policies of the last 50- 60 years. Well done!!

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:03 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Its hardly what happened in Pakistan or Mumbai though is it.

And when hasnt there been riots in London? Brum OK thats a bit different but in the history of Britain going way back to before the invention of teh banana the current silliness is hardly unusual.

OK then, you have inspired me in to inventing a new term.

"Politically Correct DODO Republic"

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.davidreilly.com/dodo/images/gallery/engraving_of_dodo11534121.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.davidreilly.com/dodo/gallery.html&h=480&w=605&sz=57&tbnid=nVr1_PpSBMGXNM:&tbnh=102&tbnw=128&prev=/search%3Fq%3DDODO%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=DODO&docid=478L6W2hUunWHM&sa=X&ei=rAVBTrWgA4SwhQe_tqDQCQ&ved=0CEAQ9QEwAw&dur=1226

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:06 pm

I must admit it does seem like an excessive reaction to the selection of Bopara, but is it any worse than Indian crowds kicking Dhonis new house down ewhen they lost a world cup game a few years ago?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellar Key Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:17 pm

I 'd like to see the Dodo brought back if scientifically possible Erm Erm

Stellar Key

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Stellar Key wrote:
I 'd like to see the Dodo brought back if scientifically possible Erm Erm

I am working on it, what we saw in Tottenham, London and elswhere is just a part of preparations.

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellar Key Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:55 pm

They'r e more like Neanderthals in London !

Woolly Mammoths are cool too Cool

Stellar Key

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down